Basement Seepage - Allenton 63001
It is important to identify basement issues with water seepage at your home at an early stage. Moist basements are a common occurrence, and often disregarded, or go unnoticed early on.
Here are some ways to recognize basement issues with water seepage, before it reaches an advanced stage:
1. Clean out everything you've got stored in the basement away from the wall surfaces and corners. Switch on your flashlight, concentrating on the corners. You'll be able to sport dark-looking areas- this really is mildew, which is a sign of water.
2. Along the bottom of the walls, you may see what seems like ice crystals. This can be efflorescence, meaning that water in the bottom blocks is making the alkaline materials of the wall seep out.
3. Discoloration towards the top of the wall means that the water is rising inside the wall, or that something is directing it to that particular level.
4. Mold is another giveaway. It might be black, brown, green or yellowish, and is usually noticed in the northwest corner.
5. The surface of the wall may be flaking or peeling. This is another sign of water inside the concrete, stone, or brick.
A damp basement problem is more than an annoyance and can be permanently damaging. Mold decays everything in its vicinity and may even worsen the health of a resident with breathing problems or allergy symptoms. It also makes a great habitat for harmful termites to prosper in. Worst of all, it can weaken the foundation of your house. If the problem is not quickly dealt with, there could be erosion and cracking from underneath. For these reasons, it is strongly advised to try and discover basement problems of this nature before they worsen.
Please contact us at 314-428-2324 for more info or to schedule an appointment.
What People Say About Us
It has now been a year since having this work done, and things are in good shape...as you'd expect.