Basement Seepage Repair - Clarkson Valley 63005
It is vital to spot basement issues with water seepage at your home at an early stage. Wet basements really are a widespread occurrence, and often disregarded, or go unnoticed early on.
Here are a few ways to discover basement issues with water seepage, before it reaches an advanced stage:
1. Clear out all the things you've got stored in the basement away from the wall surfaces and corners. Turn on your flashlight, focusing on the corners. You will be able to sport dark-looking areas- this really is mildew and mold, which is a sign of water.
2. Across the bottom of the wall, you could see what seems like ice crystals. This is efflorescence, meaning that water in the bottom blocks is making the alkaline materials of the walls seep out.
3. Discoloration at the top of the wall implies that the water is rising inside the wall, or that something is directing it to that level.
4. Mold is yet another giveaway. It could be black, dark brown, green or yellowish, and is usually seen in the northwest corner.
5. The surface of the wall could be flaking or peeling. This is another sign of dampness within the concrete, stone, or brick.
A wet basement problem is more than an annoyance and can be permanently damaging. Mildew decays everything in its proximity and can even worsen the health of a resident with breathing problems or allergy symptoms. It also makes a good habitat for termites to thrive in. Worst of all, it can weaken the foundation of your house. If the issue is not promptly handled, there could be erosion and cracking from below. For these reasons, it is strongly advised to try and recognize basement problems of this nature before they aggravate.
Please contact us at 314-428-2324 for more information or to make an appointment.
What People Say About Us
It has now been a year since having this work done, and things are in good shape...as you'd expect.