Basement Seepage Repair - Crystal City 63019
It is very important to identify basement issues with water seepage in your own home at an early stage. Wet basements really are a common occurrence, and often neglected, or go unnoticed early on.
Here are some ways to recognize basement issues with water seepage, before it gets to an advanced stage:
1. Clean out everything you have kept in the basement away from the wall surfaces and corners. Switch on your flashlight, focusing on the corners. You will be able to sport dark-looking areas- this is mildew, which is a sign of water.
2. Along the bottom of the walls, you could see what seems like ice crystals. This can be efflorescence, meaning that water in the bottom blocks is making the alkaline materials of the walls seep out.
3. Discoloration towards the top of the walls signifies that the water is rising within the wall, or that something is directing it to that particular level.
4. Mold is yet another giveaway. It could be black, dark brown, green or yellowish, and is usually spotted in the northwest corner.
5. The surface of the wall could be flaking or cracking. This can be another indication of dampness in the concrete, stone, or brick.
A wet basement problem is a lot more than an aggravation and can be permanently damaging. Mold decays everything in its vicinity and might even worsen the health of a resident with breathing problems or allergies. It also makes a great habitat for termites to prosper in. Worst of all, it can weaken the foundation of your property. If the issue is not promptly handled, there might be erosion and cracking from beneath. For these reasons, it is highly recommended to try and identify basement problems of this nature before they aggravate.
Please call us at 314-428-2324 for more information or to schedule an appointment.
What People Say About Us
It has now been a year since having this work done, and things are in good shape...as you'd expect.