Basement Seepage Repair - Wildwood, MO 63021
It is important to spot basement issues with water seepage in your own home at an early stage. Moist basements really are a widespread occurrence, and often ignored, or go unnoticed early on.
Here are some ways to recognize basement issues with water seepage, before it reaches an advanced stage:
1. Clean out everything you've got kept in the basement away from the walls and corners. Turn on your flashlight, focusing on the corners. You'll be able to sport dark-looking areas- this is mildew and mold, which is a sign of water.
2. Along the bottom of the wall, you may see what seems like ice crystals. This can be efflorescence, meaning that water in the bottom blocks is making the alkaline materials of the walls seep out.
3. Discoloration towards the top of the walls means that the water is rising within the wall, or that something is directing it to that level.
4. Mold is yet another giveaway. It may be black, dark brown, green or yellowish, and it is usually spotted in the northwest corner.
5. The surface of the wall structure may be flaking or cracking. This is another indication of dampness within the concrete, stone, or brick.
A damp basement problem is a lot more than an aggravation and can be permanently damaging. Mildew decays everything in its proximity and can even worsen the health of a homeowner with breathing problems or allergies. It also makes a good habitat for termites to thrive in. Worst of all, it can weaken the foundation of your property. If the issue is not immediately handled, there may be erosion and cracking from below. For these reasons, it is strongly suggested to try and recognize basement problems of this nature before they intensify.
Please contact us at 314-428-2324 for more info or to schedule an appointment.
What People Say About Us
It has now been a year since having this work done, and things are in good shape...as you'd expect.