Basement Water Seepage - Times Beach, Missouri 63025
It is vital to identify basement problems with water seepage in your house at an early stage. Wet basements are a widespread occurrence, and often disregarded, or go unnoticed in the beginning.
Here are a few ways to recognize basement issues with water seepage, before it reaches an advanced stage:
1. Clean out all the things you have stored in the basement away from the wall surfaces and corners. Switch on your flashlight, focusing on the corners. You'll be able to sport dark-looking areas- this is mildew, which is a sign of moisture.
2. Along the bottom of the walls, you may see what seems like ice crystals. This is efflorescence, meaning that water in the bottom blocks is making the alkaline materials of the wall seep out.
3. Staining at the top of the walls signifies that the water is rising inside the wall, or that something is directing it to that level.
4. Mold is another giveaway. It may be black, dark brown, green or yellow, and is usually noticed in the northwest corner.
5. The surface of the wall structure could be flaking or peeling. This is another sign of water in the concrete, stone, or brick.
A wet basement problem is more than an aggravation and can be permanently damaging. Mold decays everything in its vicinity and may even worsen the health of a resident with breathing problems or allergy symptoms. It also makes a good habitat for harmful termites to thrive in. Worst of all, it could weaken the foundation of your property. If the issue is not promptly dealt with, there may be erosion and cracking from below. For these reasons, it is highly recommended to try and identify basement problems of this nature before they worsen.
Please contact us at 314-428-2324 for more info or to make an appointment.
What People Say About Us
It has now been a year since having this work done, and things are in good shape...as you'd expect.