Basement Water Seepage - 63026
It is important to recognize basement problems with water seepage in your own home at an early stage. Moist basements really are a widespread occurrence, and often overlooked, or go unnoticed in early stages.
Here are a few ways to discover basement issues with water seepage, before it gets to an advanced stage:
1. Clean out all the things you've got kept in the basement away from the wall surfaces and corners. Turn on your flashlight, focusing on the corners. You will be able to sport dark-looking areas- this really is mildew and mold, which is a sign of water.
2. Along the bottom of the wall, you might see what seems like ice crystals. This can be efflorescence, meaning that water in the bottom blocks is making the alkaline materials of the walls seep out.
3. Staining towards the top of the wall means that the water is rising within the wall, or that something is directing it to that particular level.
4. Mold is yet another giveaway. It might be black, dark brown, green or yellow, and it is usually noticed in the northwest corner.
5. The surface of the wall structure could be flaking or peeling. This is another indicator of dampness inside the concrete, stone, or brick.
A wet basement problem is more than an annoyance and can be permanently destructive. Mildew decays everything in its proximity and may even worsen the health of a resident with breathing problems or allergy symptoms. It also makes a great habitat for termites to flourish in. Worst of all, it can weaken the foundation of your property. If the issue is not immediately handled, there might be erosion and cracking from below. For these reasons, it is strongly suggested to try and recognize basement problems of this nature before they aggravate.
Please call us at 314-428-2324 for more details or to make an appointment.
What People Say About Us
It has now been a year since having this work done, and things are in good shape...as you'd expect.