Basement Seepage Repair - Florissant, MO 63031
It is important to identify basement problems with water seepage in your own home at an early stage. Moist basements are a common occurrence, and often ignored, or go unnoticed in the beginning.
Here are a few ways to identify basement problems with water seepage, before it reaches an advanced stage:
1. Clear out all the things you've got kept in the basement away from the walls and corners. Turn on your flashlight, concentrating on the corners. You'll be able to sport dark-looking areas- this is mildew, which is a sign of moisture.
2. Across the bottom of the wall, you could see what seems like ice crystals. This can be efflorescence, meaning that water in the bottom blocks is making the alkaline materials of the wall seep out.
3. Staining towards the top of the walls means that the water is rising inside the wall, or that something is directing it to that level.
4. Mold is yet another giveaway. It could be black, brown, green or yellowish, and is usually noticed in the northwest corner.
5. The surface of the wall structure may be flaking or peeling. This is another sign of water inside the concrete, stone, or brick.
A wet basement problem is a lot more than an annoyance and can be permanently destructive. Mold decays everything in its proximity and can even worsen the health of a homeowner with breathing problems or allergy symptoms. It also makes a good habitat for termites to flourish in. Worst of all, it can weaken the foundation of your property. If the issue is not immediately dealt with, there may be erosion and cracking from underneath. For these reasons, it is highly recommended to try and recognize basement problems of this nature before they worsen.
Please call us at 314-428-2324 for more information or to schedule an appointment.
What People Say About Us
It has now been a year since having this work done, and things are in good shape...as you'd expect.