Basement Seepage - Black Jack, MO 63033
It is vital to spot basement issues with water seepage in your own home at an early stage. Moist basements really are a common occurrence, and often forgotten, or go unnoticed in the beginning.
Here are some ways to recognize basement issues with water seepage, before it gets to an advanced stage:
1. Clear out everything you've got stored in the basement away from the walls and corners. Switch on your flashlight, focusing on the corners. You will be able to sport dark-looking areas- this is mildew, which is a sign of moisture.
2. Across the bottom of the walls, you may see what seems like ice crystals. This is efflorescence, meaning that water in the bottom blocks is making the alkaline materials of the wall seep out.
3. Discoloration at the top of the wall means that the water is rising inside the wall, or that something is directing it to that particular level.
4. Mold is another giveaway. It could be black, dark brown, green or yellowish, and it is usually spotted in the northwest corner.
5. The surface of the wall structure may be flaking or peeling. This is another sign of water within the concrete, stone, or brick.
A wet basement problem is a lot more than an aggravation and can be permanently damaging. Mildew decays everything in its proximity and might even worsen the health of a resident with breathing problems or allergies. It also makes a good habitat for termites to prosper in. Worst of all, it could weaken the foundation of your home. If the problem is not promptly handled, there could be erosion and cracking from underneath. For these reasons, it is strongly advised to try and recognize basement problems of this nature before they intensify.
Please call us at 314-428-2324 for more details or to make an appointment.
What People Say About Us
It has now been a year since having this work done, and things are in good shape...as you'd expect.