Basement Seepage Repair - Bridgeton, Missouri 63044
It is very important to identify basement problems with water seepage in your own home at an early stage. Wet basements really are a common occurrence, and often forgotten, or go unnoticed early on.
Here are a few ways to identify basement issues with water seepage, before it gets to an advanced stage:
1. Clean out everything you've got kept in the basement away from the walls and corners. Switch on your flashlight, concentrating on the corners. You will be able to sport dark-looking areas- this is mildew and mold, which is a sign of moisture.
2. Along the bottom of the walls, you might see what seems like ice crystals. This can be efflorescence, meaning that water in the bottom blocks is making the alkaline materials of the wall seep out.
3. Discoloration at the top of the wall implies that the water is rising inside the wall, or that something is directing it to that level.
4. Mold is another giveaway. It could be black, brown, green or yellowish, and is usually noticed in the northwest corner.
5. The surface of the wall might be flaking or peeling. This is another indication of water in the concrete, stone, or brick.
A wet basement problem is a lot more than an aggravation and can be permanently damaging. Mildew decays everything in its proximity and may even worsen the health of a homeowner with breathing problems or allergies. It also makes a good habitat for harmful termites to prosper in. Worst of all, it may weaken the foundation of your property. If the problem is not immediately dealt with, there may be erosion and cracking from beneath. For these reasons, it is highly recommended to try and recognize basement problems of this nature before they aggravate.
Please call us at 314-428-2324 for more details or to schedule an appointment.
What People Say About Us
It has now been a year since having this work done, and things are in good shape...as you'd expect.