Basement Seepage - Hazelwood, MO 63044
It is vital to identify basement problems with water seepage in your house at an early stage. Damp basements are a widespread occurrence, and often overlooked, or go unnoticed early on.
Here are some ways to discover basement issues with water seepage, before it reaches an advanced stage:
1. Clean out all the things you've got kept in the basement away from the walls and corners. Turn on your flashlight, focusing on the corners. You will be able to sport dark-looking areas- this really is mildew and mold, which is a sign of water.
2. Across the bottom of the walls, you could see what seems like ice crystals. This can be efflorescence, meaning that water in the bottom blocks is making the alkaline materials of the walls seep out.
3. Discoloration near the top of the wall implies that the water is rising inside the wall, or that something is directing it to that level.
4. Mold is yet another giveaway. It may be black, brown, green or yellow, and it is usually seen in the northwest corner.
5. The surface of the wall structure could be flaking or cracking. This can be another indicator of dampness inside the concrete, stone, or brick.
A wet basement problem is more than an annoyance and can be permanently damaging. Mildew decays everything in its proximity and might even worsen the health of a homeowner with breathing problems or allergy symptoms. It also makes a good habitat for termites to flourish in. Worst of all, it can weaken the foundation of your home. If the issue is not promptly handled, there could be erosion and cracking from beneath. For these reasons, it is strongly suggested to try and discover basement problems of this nature before they worsen.
Please contact us at 314-428-2324 for more info or to make an appointment.
What People Say About Us
It has now been a year since having this work done, and things are in good shape...as you'd expect.