Basement Seepage Repair - 63048
It is crucial to recognize basement problems with water seepage at your home at an early stage. Wet basements really are a common occurrence, and often ignored, or go unnoticed in the beginning.
Here are a few ways to identify basement problems with water seepage, before it gets to an advanced stage:
1. Clean out all the things you have stored in the basement away from the walls and corners. Switch on your flashlight, concentrating on the corners. You'll be able to sport dark-looking areas- this is mildew, which is a sign of water.
2. Along the bottom of the wall, you could see what seems like ice crystals. This is efflorescence, meaning that water in the bottom blocks is making the alkaline materials of the walls seep out.
3. Staining near the top of the walls implies that the water is rising within the wall, or that something is directing it to that particular level.
4. Mold is another giveaway. It could be black, brown, green or yellow, and is usually spotted in the northwest corner.
5. The surface of the wall might be flaking or peeling. This can be another indicator of dampness in the concrete, stone, or brick.
A damp basement problem is a lot more than an aggravation and can be permanently damaging. Mildew decays everything in its vicinity and can even worsen the health of a resident with breathing problems or allergies. It also makes a great habitat for termites to prosper in. Worst of all, it could weaken the foundation of your property. If the issue is not immediately taken care of, there might be erosion and cracking from below. For these reasons, it is strongly advised to try and recognize basement problems of this nature before they worsen.
Please contact us at 314-428-2324 for more details or to schedule an appointment.
What People Say About Us
It has now been a year since having this work done, and things are in good shape...as you'd expect.