Basement Water Seepage - Imperial, Missouri 63052
It is vital to identify basement problems with water seepage in your house at an early stage. Damp basements really are a common occurrence, and often overlooked, or go unnoticed in early stages.
Here are some ways to recognize basement issues with water seepage, before it reaches an advanced stage:
1. Clear out all the things you have kept in the basement away from the wall surfaces and corners. Switch on your flashlight, focusing on the corners. You will be able to sport dark-looking areas- this is mildew, which is a sign of water.
2. Along the bottom of the wall, you could see what seems like ice crystals. This can be efflorescence, meaning that water in the bottom blocks is making the alkaline materials of the wall seep out.
3. Discoloration near the top of the wall implies that the water is rising inside the wall, or that something is directing it to that level.
4. Mold is another giveaway. It might be black, brown, green or yellowish, and is usually seen in the northwest corner.
5. The surface of the wall could be flaking or peeling. This is another indication of water inside the concrete, stone, or brick.
A wet basement problem is a lot more than an annoyance and can be permanently damaging. Mold decays everything in its proximity and can even worsen the health of a homeowner with breathing problems or allergy symptoms. It also makes a good habitat for harmful termites to prosper in. Worst of all, it can weaken the foundation of your house. If the issue is not quickly taken care of, there may be erosion and cracking from underneath. For these reasons, it is highly recommended to try and discover basement problems of this nature before they worsen.
Please contact us at 314-428-2324 for more info or to schedule an appointment.
What People Say About Us
It has now been a year since having this work done, and things are in good shape...as you'd expect.