Basement Seepage Repair - 63103
It is crucial to spot basement issues with water seepage in your house at an early stage. Damp basements are a widespread occurrence, and often ignored, or go unnoticed in the beginning.
Here are some ways to identify basement problems with water seepage, before it gets to an advanced stage:
1. Clear out all the things you have kept in the basement away from the wall surfaces and corners. Switch on your flashlight, focusing on the corners. You will be able to sport dark-looking areas- this is mildew and mold, which is a sign of moisture.
2. Across the bottom of the wall, you could possibly see what seems like ice crystals. This can be efflorescence, meaning that water in the bottom blocks is making the alkaline materials of the walls seep out.
3. Staining near the top of the walls signifies that the water is rising inside the wall, or that something is directing it to that particular level.
4. Mold is yet another giveaway. It could be black, dark brown, green or yellowish, and it is usually spotted in the northwest corner.
5. The surface of the wall could be flaking or cracking. This is another sign of dampness in the concrete, stone, or brick.
A damp basement problem is more than an annoyance and can be permanently destructive. Mildew decays everything in its vicinity and can even worsen the health of a homeowner with breathing problems or allergy symptoms. It also makes a good habitat for termites to flourish in. Worst of all, it can weaken the foundation of your home. If the problem is not promptly handled, there could be erosion and cracking from underneath. For these reasons, it is highly recommended to try and discover basement problems of this nature before they worsen.
Please contact us at 314-428-2324 for more information or to schedule an appointment.
What People Say About Us
It has now been a year since having this work done, and things are in good shape...as you'd expect.