Basement Seepage - Charlack 63114
It is crucial to identify basement problems with water seepage at your house at an early stage. Wet basements are a common occurrence, and often overlooked, or go unnoticed in early stages.
Here are some ways to identify basement issues with water seepage, before it gets to an advanced stage:
1. Clean out all the things you have kept in the basement away from the wall surfaces and corners. Switch on your flashlight, concentrating on the corners. You will be able to sport dark-looking areas- this is mildew and mold, which is a sign of moisture.
2. Along the bottom of the walls, you might see what seems like ice crystals. This can be efflorescence, which means that water in the bottom blocks is making the alkaline materials of the walls seep out.
3. Discoloration at the top of the walls means that the water is rising within the wall, or that something is directing it to that level.
4. Mold is another giveaway. It may be black, brown, green or yellow, and it is usually noticed in the northwest corner.
5. The surface of the wall structure could be flaking or cracking. This can be another indication of dampness within the concrete, stone, or brick.
A wet basement problem is a lot more than an aggravation and can be permanently damaging. Mold decays everything in its proximity and may even worsen the health of a homeowner with breathing problems or allergy symptoms. It also makes a great habitat for harmful termites to thrive in. Worst of all, it may weaken the foundation of your property. If the issue is not promptly taken care of, there may be erosion and cracking from below. For these reasons, it is strongly suggested to try and recognize basement problems of this nature before they aggravate.
Please call us at 314-428-2324 for more information or to schedule an appointment.
What People Say About Us
It has now been a year since having this work done, and things are in good shape...as you'd expect.