Basement Seepage Repair - Webster Groves, Missouri 63119
It is important to identify basement problems with water seepage in your own home at an early stage. Damp basements really are a common occurrence, and often neglected, or go unnoticed in early stages.
Here are some ways to identify basement problems with water seepage, before it reaches an advanced stage:
1. Clean out everything you've got kept in the basement away from the wall surfaces and corners. Switch on your flashlight, concentrating on the corners. You'll be able to sport dark-looking areas- this is mildew and mold, which is a sign of moisture.
2. Across the bottom of the wall, you may see what seems like ice crystals. This can be efflorescence, which means that water in the bottom blocks is making the alkaline materials of the wall seep out.
3. Discoloration near the top of the wall implies that the water is rising within the wall, or that something is directing it to that level.
4. Mold is another giveaway. It may be black, brown, green or yellowish, and is usually noticed in the northwest corner.
5. The surface of the wall structure could be flaking or peeling. This can be another indication of water in the concrete, stone, or brick.
A damp basement problem is a lot more than an aggravation and can be permanently destructive. Mildew decays everything in its vicinity and may even worsen the health of a homeowner with breathing problems or allergies. It also makes a great habitat for harmful termites to thrive in. Worst of all, it could weaken the foundation of your house. If the issue is not quickly handled, there may be erosion and cracking from underneath. For these reasons, it is strongly advised to try and identify basement problems of this nature before they intensify.
Please contact us at 314-428-2324 for more info or to schedule an appointment.
What People Say About Us
It has now been a year since having this work done, and things are in good shape...as you'd expect.