Basement Seepage Repair - Saint Louis, Missouri 63122
It is vital to identify basement problems with water seepage in your own home at an early stage. Damp basements really are a widespread occurrence, and often overlooked, or go unnoticed in the beginning.
Here are a few ways to identify basement issues with water seepage, before it gets to an advanced stage:
1. Clean out all the things you've got kept in the basement away from the walls and corners. Turn on your flashlight, focusing on the corners. You'll be able to sport dark-looking areas- this is mildew and mold, which is a sign of water.
2. Across the bottom of the walls, you could possibly see what seems like ice crystals. This is efflorescence, meaning that water in the bottom blocks is making the alkaline materials of the walls seep out.
3. Discoloration at the top of the wall implies that the water is rising inside the wall, or that something is directing it to that level.
4. Mold is another giveaway. It may be black, brown, green or yellow, and it is usually noticed in the northwest corner.
5. The surface of the wall structure could be flaking or peeling. This is another sign of dampness in the concrete, stone, or brick.
A damp basement problem is more than an annoyance and can be permanently destructive. Mildew decays everything in its vicinity and might even worsen the health of a homeowner with breathing problems or allergy symptoms. It also makes a good habitat for harmful termites to prosper in. Worst of all, it may weaken the foundation of your property. If the issue is not immediately handled, there may be erosion and cracking from beneath. For these reasons, it is strongly advised to try and discover basement problems of this nature before they intensify.
Please call us at 314-428-2324 for more information or to schedule an appointment.
What People Say About Us
It has now been a year since having this work done, and things are in good shape...as you'd expect.