Basement Water Seepage - U City, MO 63130
It is vital to recognize basement issues with water seepage in your own home at an early stage. Wet basements are a widespread occurrence, and often forgotten, or go unnoticed in the beginning.
Here are a few ways to discover basement problems with water seepage, before it reaches an advanced stage:
1. Clear out all the things you've got stored in the basement away from the walls and corners. Turn on your flashlight, concentrating on the corners. You will be able to sport dark-looking areas- this is mildew, which is a sign of moisture.
2. Across the bottom of the walls, you could possibly see what seems like ice crystals. This can be efflorescence, which means that water in the bottom blocks is making the alkaline materials of the walls seep out.
3. Staining towards the top of the wall implies that the water is rising within the wall, or that something is directing it to that level.
4. Mold is yet another giveaway. It might be black, brown, green or yellow, and it is usually seen in the northwest corner.
5. The surface of the wall might be flaking or cracking. This is another indicator of dampness in the concrete, stone, or brick.
A wet basement problem is a lot more than an aggravation and can be permanently destructive. Mold decays everything in its proximity and might even worsen the health of a homeowner with breathing problems or allergies. It also makes a good habitat for harmful termites to prosper in. Worst of all, it could weaken the foundation of your home. If the issue is not quickly taken care of, there may be erosion and cracking from below. For these reasons, it is strongly advised to try and identify basement problems of this nature before they worsen.
Please call us at 314-428-2324 for more details or to schedule an appointment.
What People Say About Us
It has now been a year since having this work done, and things are in good shape...as you'd expect.