Basement Seepage Repair - Saint Louis, Missouri 63132
It is important to spot basement problems with water seepage in your own home at an early stage. Moist basements really are a widespread occurrence, and often neglected, or go unnoticed early on.
Here are a few ways to recognize basement problems with water seepage, before it reaches an advanced stage:
1. Clear out all the things you've got kept in the basement away from the wall surfaces and corners. Switch on your flashlight, concentrating on the corners. You'll be able to sport dark-looking areas- this is mildew, which is a sign of water.
2. Across the bottom of the wall, you might see what seems like ice crystals. This can be efflorescence, meaning that water in the bottom blocks is making the alkaline materials of the wall seep out.
3. Discoloration near the top of the wall implies that the water is rising inside the wall, or that something is directing it to that level.
4. Mold is yet another giveaway. It could be black, brown, green or yellowish, and is usually noticed in the northwest corner.
5. The surface of the wall structure may be flaking or cracking. This is another indication of dampness inside the concrete, stone, or brick.
A wet basement problem is more than an annoyance and can be permanently destructive. Mildew decays everything in its proximity and might even worsen the health of a homeowner with breathing problems or allergies. It also makes a good habitat for termites to flourish in. Worst of all, it may weaken the foundation of your home. If the issue is not immediately handled, there may be erosion and cracking from beneath. For these reasons, it is strongly advised to try and identify basement problems of this nature before they worsen.
Please contact us at 314-428-2324 for more details or to make an appointment.
What People Say About Us
It has now been a year since having this work done, and things are in good shape...as you'd expect.