Basement Seepage Repair - Greendale 63133
It is very important to recognize basement issues with water seepage in your own home at an early stage. Damp basements really are a widespread occurrence, and often neglected, or go unnoticed in the beginning.
Here are a few ways to recognize basement issues with water seepage, before it reaches an advanced stage:
1. Clean out everything you've got kept in the basement away from the wall surfaces and corners. Switch on your flashlight, focusing on the corners. You'll be able to sport dark-looking areas- this is mildew and mold, which is a sign of water.
2. Across the bottom of the wall, you might see what seems like ice crystals. This can be efflorescence, meaning that water in the bottom blocks is making the alkaline materials of the wall seep out.
3. Discoloration at the top of the wall means that the water is rising inside the wall, or that something is directing it to that particular level.
4. Mold is yet another giveaway. It may be black, brown, green or yellow, and is usually seen in the northwest corner.
5. The surface of the wall may be flaking or cracking. This is another sign of dampness inside the concrete, stone, or brick.
A wet basement problem is a lot more than an aggravation and can be permanently damaging. Mildew decays everything in its vicinity and might even worsen the health of a homeowner with breathing problems or allergy symptoms. It also makes a great habitat for termites to thrive in. Worst of all, it can weaken the foundation of your property. If the problem is not immediately taken care of, there may be erosion and cracking from underneath. For these reasons, it is highly recommended to try and identify basement problems of this nature before they worsen.
Please contact us at 314-428-2324 for more information or to schedule an appointment.
What People Say About Us
It has now been a year since having this work done, and things are in good shape...as you'd expect.