Basement Water Seepage - Woodson Terrace, Missouri 63134
It is vital to identify basement problems with water seepage at your house at an early stage. Moist basements really are a common occurrence, and often neglected, or go unnoticed early on.
Here are a few ways to identify basement problems with water seepage, before it gets to an advanced stage:
1. Clean out all the things you have kept in the basement away from the wall surfaces and corners. Switch on your flashlight, concentrating on the corners. You will be able to sport dark-looking areas- this is mildew and mold, which is a sign of water.
2. Across the bottom of the wall, you could possibly see what seems like ice crystals. This can be efflorescence, meaning that water in the bottom blocks is making the alkaline materials of the walls seep out.
3. Discoloration at the top of the walls means that the water is rising within the wall, or that something is directing it to that level.
4. Mold is another giveaway. It could be black, dark brown, green or yellow, and it is usually spotted in the northwest corner.
5. The surface of the wall might be flaking or cracking. This can be another sign of dampness inside the concrete, stone, or brick.
A wet basement problem is a lot more than an aggravation and can be permanently destructive. Mold decays everything in its proximity and can even worsen the health of a homeowner with breathing problems or allergies. It also makes a good habitat for harmful termites to thrive in. Worst of all, it can weaken the foundation of your property. If the issue is not immediately handled, there may be erosion and cracking from beneath. For these reasons, it is strongly advised to try and identify basement problems of this nature before they worsen.
Please contact us at 314-428-2324 for more information or to schedule an appointment.
What People Say About Us
It has now been a year since having this work done, and things are in good shape...as you'd expect.