Basement Seepage - Burke City, Missouri 63135
It is vital to identify basement issues with water seepage in your own home at an early stage. Damp basements really are a widespread occurrence, and often ignored, or go unnoticed in the beginning.
Here are a few ways to recognize basement problems with water seepage, before it reaches an advanced stage:
1. Clean out everything you've got kept in the basement away from the walls and corners. Switch on your flashlight, concentrating on the corners. You'll be able to sport dark-looking areas- this really is mildew and mold, which is a sign of moisture.
2. Across the bottom of the wall, you might see what seems like ice crystals. This is efflorescence, which means that water in the bottom blocks is making the alkaline materials of the walls seep out.
3. Discoloration towards the top of the walls means that the water is rising inside the wall, or that something is directing it to that particular level.
4. Mold is another giveaway. It may be black, brown, green or yellowish, and is usually seen in the northwest corner.
5. The surface of the wall may be flaking or peeling. This can be another sign of dampness inside the concrete, stone, or brick.
A wet basement problem is a lot more than an annoyance and can be permanently destructive. Mildew decays everything in its proximity and can even worsen the health of a resident with breathing problems or allergy symptoms. It also makes a good habitat for termites to thrive in. Worst of all, it could weaken the foundation of your property. If the issue is not immediately handled, there could be erosion and cracking from beneath. For these reasons, it is strongly advised to try and discover basement problems of this nature before they worsen.
Please contact us at 314-428-2324 for more info or to schedule an appointment.
What People Say About Us
It has now been a year since having this work done, and things are in good shape...as you'd expect.