Basement Water Seepage - Saint Louis, MO 63179
It is important to identify basement problems with water seepage in your own home at an early stage. Wet basements are a common occurrence, and often ignored, or go unnoticed in early stages.
Here are some ways to discover basement issues with water seepage, before it reaches an advanced stage:
1. Clear out all the things you have kept in the basement away from the walls and corners. Turn on your flashlight, concentrating on the corners. You will be able to sport dark-looking areas- this is mildew and mold, which is a sign of moisture.
2. Across the bottom of the walls, you might see what seems like ice crystals. This can be efflorescence, which means that water in the bottom blocks is making the alkaline materials of the walls seep out.
3. Staining at the top of the walls signifies that the water is rising inside the wall, or that something is directing it to that particular level.
4. Mold is another giveaway. It might be black, dark brown, green or yellow, and is usually seen in the northwest corner.
5. The surface of the wall could be flaking or cracking. This is another sign of water in the concrete, stone, or brick.
A damp basement problem is a lot more than an aggravation and can be permanently destructive. Mildew decays everything in its proximity and might even worsen the health of a resident with breathing problems or allergies. It also makes a great habitat for termites to thrive in. Worst of all, it may weaken the foundation of your house. If the problem is not immediately handled, there could be erosion and cracking from below. For these reasons, it is highly recommended to try and discover basement problems of this nature before they intensify.
Please call us at 314-428-2324 for more info or to schedule an appointment.
What People Say About Us
It has now been a year since having this work done, and things are in good shape...as you'd expect.