Basement Seepage Repair - Saint Louis, Missouri 63182
It is very important to spot basement problems with water seepage in your house at an early stage. Moist basements really are a widespread occurrence, and often ignored, or go unnoticed early on.
Here are some ways to discover basement problems with water seepage, before it reaches an advanced stage:
1. Clean out all the things you have kept in the basement away from the walls and corners. Turn on your flashlight, focusing on the corners. You'll be able to sport dark-looking areas- this really is mildew and mold, which is a sign of moisture.
2. Along the bottom of the wall, you could possibly see what seems like ice crystals. This can be efflorescence, which means that water in the bottom blocks is making the alkaline materials of the walls seep out.
3. Discoloration at the top of the walls signifies that the water is rising inside the wall, or that something is directing it to that level.
4. Mold is another giveaway. It may be black, brown, green or yellow, and is usually spotted in the northwest corner.
5. The surface of the wall structure may be flaking or cracking. This is another indicator of water within the concrete, stone, or brick.
A wet basement problem is more than an annoyance and can be permanently damaging. Mold decays everything in its vicinity and might even worsen the health of a resident with breathing problems or allergy symptoms. It also makes a good habitat for harmful termites to thrive in. Worst of all, it may weaken the foundation of your house. If the issue is not immediately dealt with, there could be erosion and cracking from beneath. For these reasons, it is highly recommended to try and identify basement problems of this nature before they intensify.
Please contact us at 314-428-2324 for more info or to schedule an appointment.
What People Say About Us
It has now been a year since having this work done, and things are in good shape...as you'd expect.