Basement Water Seepage - Allenton, MO 63001
It is vital to recognize basement problems with water seepage at your home at an early stage. Damp basements really are a widespread occurrence, and often neglected, or go unnoticed in the beginning.
Here are some ways to discover basement issues with water seepage, before it reaches an advanced stage:
1. Clear out all the things you have kept in the basement away from the walls and corners. Turn on your flashlight, concentrating on the corners. You will be able to sport dark-looking areas- this really is mildew and mold, which is a sign of water.
2. Across the bottom of the wall, you may see what seems like ice crystals. This is efflorescence, which means that water in the bottom blocks is making the alkaline materials of the walls seep out.
3. Staining near the top of the wall signifies that the water is rising within the wall, or that something is directing it to that level.
4. Mold is yet another giveaway. It might be black, dark brown, green or yellowish, and it is usually seen in the northwest corner.
5. The surface of the wall structure might be flaking or peeling. This can be another sign of water inside the concrete, stone, or brick.
A wet basement problem is more than an annoyance and can be permanently damaging. Mildew decays everything in its proximity and may even worsen the health of a homeowner with breathing problems or allergies. It also makes a good habitat for termites to prosper in. Worst of all, it could weaken the foundation of your property. If the problem is not quickly taken care of, there might be erosion and cracking from beneath. For these reasons, it is highly recommended to try and identify basement problems of this nature before they aggravate.
Please contact us at 314-428-2324 for more information or to schedule an appointment.