Basement Water Seepage - Allenton, Missouri 63001
It is very important to recognize basement issues with water seepage in your house at an early stage. Wet basements really are a widespread occurrence, and often forgotten, or go unnoticed in the beginning.
Here are some ways to discover basement issues with water seepage, before it gets to an advanced stage:
1. Clear out all the things you have kept in the basement away from the wall surfaces and corners. Turn on your flashlight, concentrating on the corners. You'll be able to sport dark-looking areas- this really is mildew, which is a sign of moisture.
2. Across the bottom of the wall, you could possibly see what seems like ice crystals. This is efflorescence, which means that water in the bottom blocks is making the alkaline materials of the walls seep out.
3. Staining near the top of the wall means that the water is rising inside the wall, or that something is directing it to that particular level.
4. Mold is yet another giveaway. It may be black, dark brown, green or yellowish, and is usually noticed in the northwest corner.
5. The surface of the wall structure may be flaking or cracking. This can be another indication of dampness within the concrete, stone, or brick.
A damp basement problem is more than an aggravation and can be permanently destructive. Mold decays everything in its proximity and can even worsen the health of a resident with breathing problems or allergies. It also makes a great habitat for harmful termites to flourish in. Worst of all, it may weaken the foundation of your house. If the issue is not quickly taken care of, there might be erosion and cracking from beneath. For these reasons, it is highly recommended to try and recognize basement problems of this nature before they aggravate.
Please call us at 314-428-2324 for more details or to schedule an appointment.