Basement Seepage Repair - Allenton 63001
It is vital to spot basement issues with water seepage in your own home at an early stage. Moist basements are a widespread occurrence, and often forgotten, or go unnoticed early on.
Here are a few ways to discover basement problems with water seepage, before it reaches an advanced stage:
1. Clear out everything you've got stored in the basement away from the wall surfaces and corners. Switch on your flashlight, focusing on the corners. You will be able to sport dark-looking areas- this really is mildew and mold, which is a sign of water.
2. Across the bottom of the walls, you might see what seems like ice crystals. This is efflorescence, which means that water in the bottom blocks is making the alkaline materials of the wall seep out.
3. Staining near the top of the wall signifies that the water is rising within the wall, or that something is directing it to that particular level.
4. Mold is another giveaway. It might be black, dark brown, green or yellow, and it is usually spotted in the northwest corner.
5. The surface of the wall could be flaking or cracking. This can be another indicator of water in the concrete, stone, or brick.
A damp basement problem is a lot more than an aggravation and can be permanently damaging. Mold decays everything in its proximity and may even worsen the health of a homeowner with breathing problems or allergy symptoms. It also makes a good habitat for harmful termites to thrive in. Worst of all, it could weaken the foundation of your house. If the problem is not quickly handled, there could be erosion and cracking from beneath. For these reasons, it is highly recommended to try and recognize basement problems of this nature before they intensify.
Please call us at 314-428-2324 for more details or to schedule an appointment.