Basement Seepage Repair - Black Jack, MO 63033
It is crucial to identify basement issues with water seepage in your house at an early stage. Wet basements are a widespread occurrence, and often overlooked, or go unnoticed in early stages.
Here are a few ways to recognize basement issues with water seepage, before it gets to an advanced stage:
1. Clear out everything you have kept in the basement away from the wall surfaces and corners. Switch on your flashlight, focusing on the corners. You will be able to sport dark-looking areas- this really is mildew and mold, which is a sign of water.
2. Across the bottom of the wall, you might see what seems like ice crystals. This can be efflorescence, meaning that water in the bottom blocks is making the alkaline materials of the wall seep out.
3. Staining at the top of the wall implies that the water is rising within the wall, or that something is directing it to that level.
4. Mold is yet another giveaway. It may be black, brown, green or yellow, and it is usually noticed in the northwest corner.
5. The surface of the wall could be flaking or cracking. This can be another indication of dampness in the concrete, stone, or brick.
A wet basement problem is more than an annoyance and can be permanently damaging. Mildew decays everything in its vicinity and can even worsen the health of a resident with breathing problems or allergies. It also makes a good habitat for termites to flourish in. Worst of all, it may weaken the foundation of your house. If the issue is not immediately dealt with, there could be erosion and cracking from underneath. For these reasons, it is strongly advised to try and discover basement problems of this nature before they aggravate.
Please call us at 314-428-2324 for more info or to make an appointment.