Basement Seepage Repair - Black Jack, Missouri 63033
It is important to identify basement issues with water seepage at your house at an early stage. Damp basements really are a common occurrence, and often disregarded, or go unnoticed in the beginning.
Here are a few ways to discover basement problems with water seepage, before it gets to an advanced stage:
1. Clean out all the things you've got stored in the basement away from the wall surfaces and corners. Switch on your flashlight, concentrating on the corners. You will be able to sport dark-looking areas- this is mildew, which is a sign of water.
2. Along the bottom of the wall, you could see what seems like ice crystals. This is efflorescence, which means that water in the bottom blocks is making the alkaline materials of the walls seep out.
3. Discoloration at the top of the walls means that the water is rising within the wall, or that something is directing it to that particular level.
4. Mold is another giveaway. It may be black, brown, green or yellowish, and is usually spotted in the northwest corner.
5. The surface of the wall might be flaking or cracking. This is another indicator of dampness inside the concrete, stone, or brick.
A damp basement problem is more than an annoyance and can be permanently damaging. Mildew decays everything in its proximity and can even worsen the health of a homeowner with breathing problems or allergy symptoms. It also makes a great habitat for termites to flourish in. Worst of all, it can weaken the foundation of your home. If the problem is not quickly dealt with, there could be erosion and cracking from underneath. For these reasons, it is highly recommended to try and identify basement problems of this nature before they intensify.
Please contact us at 314-428-2324 for more information or to schedule an appointment.