Basement Water Seepage - Black Jack, Missouri 63033
It is crucial to spot basement problems with water seepage in your house at an early stage. Damp basements really are a common occurrence, and often neglected, or go unnoticed in early stages.
Here are some ways to identify basement issues with water seepage, before it reaches an advanced stage:
1. Clean out all the things you've got stored in the basement away from the walls and corners. Switch on your flashlight, focusing on the corners. You'll be able to sport dark-looking areas- this really is mildew and mold, which is a sign of water.
2. Along the bottom of the wall, you could possibly see what seems like ice crystals. This is efflorescence, meaning that water in the bottom blocks is making the alkaline materials of the wall seep out.
3. Staining near the top of the wall means that the water is rising inside the wall, or that something is directing it to that level.
4. Mold is yet another giveaway. It may be black, dark brown, green or yellow, and it is usually seen in the northwest corner.
5. The surface of the wall may be flaking or peeling. This can be another sign of dampness within the concrete, stone, or brick.
A wet basement problem is a lot more than an annoyance and can be permanently destructive. Mildew decays everything in its proximity and may even worsen the health of a homeowner with breathing problems or allergy symptoms. It also makes a good habitat for termites to prosper in. Worst of all, it can weaken the foundation of your home. If the issue is not immediately dealt with, there could be erosion and cracking from underneath. For these reasons, it is highly recommended to try and recognize basement problems of this nature before they aggravate.
Please call us at 314-428-2324 for more info or to make an appointment.