Basement Water Seepage - Black Jack, MO 63033
It is very important to recognize basement problems with water seepage at your house at an early stage. Wet basements really are a common occurrence, and often disregarded, or go unnoticed in early stages.
Here are some ways to identify basement issues with water seepage, before it gets to an advanced stage:
1. Clear out everything you've got kept in the basement away from the wall surfaces and corners. Switch on your flashlight, concentrating on the corners. You'll be able to sport dark-looking areas- this really is mildew and mold, which is a sign of water.
2. Across the bottom of the walls, you could possibly see what seems like ice crystals. This can be efflorescence, which means that water in the bottom blocks is making the alkaline materials of the wall seep out.
3. Staining at the top of the walls means that the water is rising within the wall, or that something is directing it to that particular level.
4. Mold is yet another giveaway. It may be black, brown, green or yellow, and is usually spotted in the northwest corner.
5. The surface of the wall might be flaking or cracking. This can be another indication of dampness in the concrete, stone, or brick.
A wet basement problem is more than an aggravation and can be permanently damaging. Mildew decays everything in its proximity and may even worsen the health of a homeowner with breathing problems or allergies. It also makes a great habitat for termites to flourish in. Worst of all, it may weaken the foundation of your home. If the problem is not quickly dealt with, there may be erosion and cracking from beneath. For these reasons, it is strongly advised to try and recognize basement problems of this nature before they intensify.
Please call us at 314-428-2324 for more info or to make an appointment.