Basement Water Seepage - Bridgeton, MO 63044
It is crucial to spot basement issues with water seepage at your home at an early stage. Moist basements really are a widespread occurrence, and often ignored, or go unnoticed in the beginning.
Here are some ways to discover basement problems with water seepage, before it gets to an advanced stage:
1. Clear out everything you have kept in the basement away from the wall surfaces and corners. Turn on your flashlight, focusing on the corners. You will be able to sport dark-looking areas- this really is mildew, which is a sign of moisture.
2. Across the bottom of the walls, you could see what seems like ice crystals. This is efflorescence, meaning that water in the bottom blocks is making the alkaline materials of the wall seep out.
3. Staining near the top of the walls implies that the water is rising within the wall, or that something is directing it to that level.
4. Mold is another giveaway. It might be black, dark brown, green or yellow, and is usually noticed in the northwest corner.
5. The surface of the wall structure might be flaking or cracking. This is another indicator of dampness inside the concrete, stone, or brick.
A wet basement problem is more than an annoyance and can be permanently damaging. Mold decays everything in its vicinity and might even worsen the health of a homeowner with breathing problems or allergies. It also makes a good habitat for termites to thrive in. Worst of all, it can weaken the foundation of your house. If the problem is not quickly dealt with, there might be erosion and cracking from underneath. For these reasons, it is strongly advised to try and identify basement problems of this nature before they aggravate.
Please contact us at 314-428-2324 for more info or to schedule an appointment.