Basement Seepage Repair - Bridgeton 63044
It is crucial to spot basement issues with water seepage at your house at an early stage. Wet basements are a widespread occurrence, and often forgotten, or go unnoticed in early stages.
Here are some ways to discover basement problems with water seepage, before it reaches an advanced stage:
1. Clean out everything you've got stored in the basement away from the walls and corners. Switch on your flashlight, concentrating on the corners. You will be able to sport dark-looking areas- this really is mildew and mold, which is a sign of water.
2. Across the bottom of the wall, you might see what seems like ice crystals. This can be efflorescence, meaning that water in the bottom blocks is making the alkaline materials of the wall seep out.
3. Discoloration at the top of the wall means that the water is rising within the wall, or that something is directing it to that particular level.
4. Mold is another giveaway. It may be black, dark brown, green or yellowish, and is usually noticed in the northwest corner.
5. The surface of the wall could be flaking or peeling. This is another indication of dampness within the concrete, stone, or brick.
A wet basement problem is a lot more than an aggravation and can be permanently damaging. Mold decays everything in its proximity and may even worsen the health of a resident with breathing problems or allergy symptoms. It also makes a great habitat for termites to thrive in. Worst of all, it could weaken the foundation of your home. If the problem is not immediately dealt with, there may be erosion and cracking from beneath. For these reasons, it is strongly advised to try and discover basement problems of this nature before they worsen.
Please call us at 314-428-2324 for more information or to schedule an appointment.