Basement Seepage Repair - Bridgeton 63044
It is important to identify basement problems with water seepage in your own home at an early stage. Moist basements are a widespread occurrence, and often overlooked, or go unnoticed in early stages.
Here are a few ways to discover basement problems with water seepage, before it gets to an advanced stage:
1. Clear out everything you've got stored in the basement away from the wall surfaces and corners. Switch on your flashlight, focusing on the corners. You'll be able to sport dark-looking areas- this really is mildew and mold, which is a sign of water.
2. Across the bottom of the walls, you might see what seems like ice crystals. This can be efflorescence, meaning that water in the bottom blocks is making the alkaline materials of the wall seep out.
3. Discoloration towards the top of the wall implies that the water is rising within the wall, or that something is directing it to that particular level.
4. Mold is yet another giveaway. It might be black, dark brown, green or yellow, and it is usually noticed in the northwest corner.
5. The surface of the wall structure may be flaking or cracking. This is another sign of dampness in the concrete, stone, or brick.
A wet basement problem is more than an aggravation and can be permanently destructive. Mildew decays everything in its proximity and can even worsen the health of a homeowner with breathing problems or allergy symptoms. It also makes a good habitat for harmful termites to prosper in. Worst of all, it may weaken the foundation of your house. If the problem is not immediately dealt with, there could be erosion and cracking from underneath. For these reasons, it is strongly suggested to try and recognize basement problems of this nature before they aggravate.
Please contact us at 314-428-2324 for more information or to schedule an appointment.