Basement Seepage Repair - Bridgeton, MO 63044
It is important to identify basement issues with water seepage at your home at an early stage. Wet basements are a common occurrence, and often forgotten, or go unnoticed in the beginning.
Here are some ways to identify basement problems with water seepage, before it gets to an advanced stage:
1. Clean out all the things you've got stored in the basement away from the walls and corners. Switch on your flashlight, focusing on the corners. You will be able to sport dark-looking areas- this is mildew and mold, which is a sign of water.
2. Along the bottom of the walls, you might see what seems like ice crystals. This can be efflorescence, meaning that water in the bottom blocks is making the alkaline materials of the wall seep out.
3. Staining near the top of the wall signifies that the water is rising within the wall, or that something is directing it to that level.
4. Mold is another giveaway. It might be black, brown, green or yellowish, and is usually spotted in the northwest corner.
5. The surface of the wall could be flaking or cracking. This is another indicator of water within the concrete, stone, or brick.
A damp basement problem is more than an aggravation and can be permanently destructive. Mold decays everything in its vicinity and might even worsen the health of a homeowner with breathing problems or allergies. It also makes a great habitat for harmful termites to flourish in. Worst of all, it could weaken the foundation of your house. If the issue is not promptly dealt with, there could be erosion and cracking from underneath. For these reasons, it is strongly suggested to try and discover basement problems of this nature before they intensify.
Please call us at 314-428-2324 for more information or to make an appointment.