Basement Water Seepage - Burke City, Missouri 63135
It is vital to spot basement problems with water seepage in your own home at an early stage. Moist basements really are a widespread occurrence, and often disregarded, or go unnoticed early on.
Here are a few ways to recognize basement issues with water seepage, before it reaches an advanced stage:
1. Clean out everything you've got kept in the basement away from the walls and corners. Turn on your flashlight, concentrating on the corners. You'll be able to sport dark-looking areas- this really is mildew and mold, which is a sign of water.
2. Along the bottom of the wall, you might see what seems like ice crystals. This is efflorescence, which means that water in the bottom blocks is making the alkaline materials of the walls seep out.
3. Staining towards the top of the walls means that the water is rising within the wall, or that something is directing it to that level.
4. Mold is another giveaway. It may be black, dark brown, green or yellow, and it is usually spotted in the northwest corner.
5. The surface of the wall structure might be flaking or cracking. This is another indication of dampness in the concrete, stone, or brick.
A wet basement problem is more than an aggravation and can be permanently destructive. Mildew decays everything in its proximity and might even worsen the health of a resident with breathing problems or allergy symptoms. It also makes a good habitat for termites to prosper in. Worst of all, it can weaken the foundation of your property. If the issue is not quickly handled, there could be erosion and cracking from beneath. For these reasons, it is strongly suggested to try and identify basement problems of this nature before they worsen.
Please call us at 314-428-2324 for more information or to make an appointment.