Basement Water Seepage - Burke City, Missouri 63135
It is important to spot basement problems with water seepage at your house at an early stage. Damp basements really are a widespread occurrence, and often ignored, or go unnoticed early on.
Here are a few ways to recognize basement problems with water seepage, before it gets to an advanced stage:
1. Clean out all the things you've got kept in the basement away from the wall surfaces and corners. Switch on your flashlight, concentrating on the corners. You will be able to sport dark-looking areas- this is mildew, which is a sign of moisture.
2. Along the bottom of the wall, you could possibly see what seems like ice crystals. This is efflorescence, which means that water in the bottom blocks is making the alkaline materials of the wall seep out.
3. Discoloration at the top of the walls implies that the water is rising within the wall, or that something is directing it to that level.
4. Mold is another giveaway. It might be black, brown, green or yellow, and is usually seen in the northwest corner.
5. The surface of the wall could be flaking or peeling. This can be another sign of dampness in the concrete, stone, or brick.
A wet basement problem is a lot more than an annoyance and can be permanently damaging. Mold decays everything in its proximity and may even worsen the health of a resident with breathing problems or allergy symptoms. It also makes a great habitat for harmful termites to thrive in. Worst of all, it can weaken the foundation of your house. If the problem is not promptly dealt with, there may be erosion and cracking from below. For these reasons, it is strongly suggested to try and discover basement problems of this nature before they worsen.
Please call us at 314-428-2324 for more info or to schedule an appointment.