Basement Water Seepage - Burke City, Missouri 63135
It is crucial to spot basement issues with water seepage in your own home at an early stage. Wet basements are a widespread occurrence, and often ignored, or go unnoticed early on.
Here are some ways to discover basement issues with water seepage, before it reaches an advanced stage:
1. Clean out all the things you have stored in the basement away from the walls and corners. Turn on your flashlight, focusing on the corners. You will be able to sport dark-looking areas- this really is mildew and mold, which is a sign of water.
2. Along the bottom of the wall, you may see what seems like ice crystals. This can be efflorescence, which means that water in the bottom blocks is making the alkaline materials of the walls seep out.
3. Discoloration towards the top of the walls signifies that the water is rising inside the wall, or that something is directing it to that particular level.
4. Mold is yet another giveaway. It may be black, dark brown, green or yellow, and it is usually noticed in the northwest corner.
5. The surface of the wall structure could be flaking or peeling. This is another indication of water within the concrete, stone, or brick.
A wet basement problem is a lot more than an aggravation and can be permanently damaging. Mildew decays everything in its proximity and can even worsen the health of a homeowner with breathing problems or allergies. It also makes a good habitat for termites to thrive in. Worst of all, it may weaken the foundation of your house. If the issue is not quickly taken care of, there may be erosion and cracking from beneath. For these reasons, it is highly recommended to try and identify basement problems of this nature before they worsen.
Please contact us at 314-428-2324 for more info or to make an appointment.