Basement Seepage Repair - Burke City, MO 63135
It is crucial to spot basement problems with water seepage in your own home at an early stage. Damp basements are a widespread occurrence, and often disregarded, or go unnoticed in the beginning.
Here are some ways to recognize basement issues with water seepage, before it gets to an advanced stage:
1. Clear out everything you've got stored in the basement away from the wall surfaces and corners. Turn on your flashlight, concentrating on the corners. You will be able to sport dark-looking areas- this is mildew and mold, which is a sign of moisture.
2. Along the bottom of the walls, you might see what seems like ice crystals. This is efflorescence, which means that water in the bottom blocks is making the alkaline materials of the wall seep out.
3. Discoloration near the top of the wall implies that the water is rising within the wall, or that something is directing it to that level.
4. Mold is yet another giveaway. It might be black, dark brown, green or yellow, and is usually noticed in the northwest corner.
5. The surface of the wall might be flaking or cracking. This is another sign of dampness in the concrete, stone, or brick.
A damp basement problem is a lot more than an annoyance and can be permanently destructive. Mold decays everything in its vicinity and may even worsen the health of a resident with breathing problems or allergy symptoms. It also makes a good habitat for harmful termites to thrive in. Worst of all, it may weaken the foundation of your home. If the problem is not immediately dealt with, there could be erosion and cracking from beneath. For these reasons, it is strongly advised to try and recognize basement problems of this nature before they aggravate.
Please contact us at 314-428-2324 for more information or to make an appointment.