Basement Seepage Repair - Burke City 63135
It is vital to spot basement problems with water seepage at your house at an early stage. Moist basements are a common occurrence, and often disregarded, or go unnoticed in the beginning.
Here are a few ways to identify basement issues with water seepage, before it reaches an advanced stage:
1. Clean out everything you have stored in the basement away from the wall surfaces and corners. Turn on your flashlight, focusing on the corners. You'll be able to sport dark-looking areas- this is mildew, which is a sign of water.
2. Across the bottom of the wall, you could see what seems like ice crystals. This can be efflorescence, meaning that water in the bottom blocks is making the alkaline materials of the wall seep out.
3. Discoloration towards the top of the wall implies that the water is rising inside the wall, or that something is directing it to that particular level.
4. Mold is yet another giveaway. It might be black, brown, green or yellowish, and it is usually spotted in the northwest corner.
5. The surface of the wall might be flaking or peeling. This is another sign of dampness in the concrete, stone, or brick.
A wet basement problem is a lot more than an aggravation and can be permanently destructive. Mold decays everything in its proximity and might even worsen the health of a homeowner with breathing problems or allergy symptoms. It also makes a good habitat for harmful termites to thrive in. Worst of all, it may weaken the foundation of your home. If the problem is not promptly handled, there may be erosion and cracking from underneath. For these reasons, it is strongly suggested to try and recognize basement problems of this nature before they worsen.
Please contact us at 314-428-2324 for more details or to schedule an appointment.