Basement Water Seepage - Charlack, Missouri 63114
It is very important to spot basement problems with water seepage at your home at an early stage. Moist basements really are a widespread occurrence, and often overlooked, or go unnoticed in the beginning.
Here are some ways to identify basement problems with water seepage, before it reaches an advanced stage:
1. Clean out all the things you have stored in the basement away from the walls and corners. Switch on your flashlight, concentrating on the corners. You'll be able to sport dark-looking areas- this really is mildew and mold, which is a sign of moisture.
2. Across the bottom of the wall, you might see what seems like ice crystals. This is efflorescence, meaning that water in the bottom blocks is making the alkaline materials of the walls seep out.
3. Staining towards the top of the wall signifies that the water is rising inside the wall, or that something is directing it to that particular level.
4. Mold is yet another giveaway. It could be black, dark brown, green or yellow, and is usually spotted in the northwest corner.
5. The surface of the wall structure may be flaking or peeling. This can be another indication of dampness in the concrete, stone, or brick.
A damp basement problem is more than an annoyance and can be permanently damaging. Mildew decays everything in its vicinity and might even worsen the health of a resident with breathing problems or allergies. It also makes a good habitat for termites to prosper in. Worst of all, it can weaken the foundation of your house. If the problem is not immediately taken care of, there may be erosion and cracking from underneath. For these reasons, it is strongly advised to try and identify basement problems of this nature before they aggravate.
Please contact us at 314-428-2324 for more information or to schedule an appointment.