Basement Seepage Repair - 63114
It is very important to identify basement issues with water seepage at your house at an early stage. Damp basements really are a widespread occurrence, and often ignored, or go unnoticed in early stages.
Here are some ways to identify basement issues with water seepage, before it reaches an advanced stage:
1. Clear out all the things you've got stored in the basement away from the walls and corners. Turn on your flashlight, concentrating on the corners. You will be able to sport dark-looking areas- this really is mildew and mold, which is a sign of moisture.
2. Along the bottom of the walls, you may see what seems like ice crystals. This can be efflorescence, which means that water in the bottom blocks is making the alkaline materials of the wall seep out.
3. Staining near the top of the wall implies that the water is rising inside the wall, or that something is directing it to that level.
4. Mold is another giveaway. It might be black, dark brown, green or yellowish, and is usually seen in the northwest corner.
5. The surface of the wall structure may be flaking or cracking. This is another sign of dampness inside the concrete, stone, or brick.
A wet basement problem is a lot more than an aggravation and can be permanently damaging. Mold decays everything in its vicinity and can even worsen the health of a homeowner with breathing problems or allergy symptoms. It also makes a good habitat for harmful termites to prosper in. Worst of all, it could weaken the foundation of your property. If the problem is not immediately dealt with, there might be erosion and cracking from beneath. For these reasons, it is strongly advised to try and identify basement problems of this nature before they aggravate.
Please contact us at 314-428-2324 for more details or to schedule an appointment.