Basement Seepage Repair - 63114
It is important to identify basement problems with water seepage in your house at an early stage. Damp basements are a common occurrence, and often forgotten, or go unnoticed in early stages.
Here are a few ways to discover basement problems with water seepage, before it gets to an advanced stage:
1. Clear out all the things you have stored in the basement away from the wall surfaces and corners. Turn on your flashlight, focusing on the corners. You'll be able to sport dark-looking areas- this really is mildew and mold, which is a sign of moisture.
2. Across the bottom of the wall, you could see what seems like ice crystals. This is efflorescence, which means that water in the bottom blocks is making the alkaline materials of the wall seep out.
3. Discoloration at the top of the wall means that the water is rising within the wall, or that something is directing it to that particular level.
4. Mold is another giveaway. It could be black, brown, green or yellowish, and it is usually spotted in the northwest corner.
5. The surface of the wall could be flaking or peeling. This is another indicator of water inside the concrete, stone, or brick.
A wet basement problem is more than an annoyance and can be permanently destructive. Mildew decays everything in its proximity and can even worsen the health of a resident with breathing problems or allergy symptoms. It also makes a great habitat for harmful termites to flourish in. Worst of all, it could weaken the foundation of your house. If the issue is not promptly dealt with, there might be erosion and cracking from below. For these reasons, it is strongly suggested to try and discover basement problems of this nature before they intensify.
Please contact us at 314-428-2324 for more information or to make an appointment.