Basement Seepage Repair - 63005
It is important to identify basement problems with water seepage at your house at an early stage. Moist basements really are a widespread occurrence, and often disregarded, or go unnoticed in the beginning.
Here are some ways to recognize basement issues with water seepage, before it gets to an advanced stage:
1. Clear out all the things you have stored in the basement away from the wall surfaces and corners. Turn on your flashlight, concentrating on the corners. You'll be able to sport dark-looking areas- this is mildew and mold, which is a sign of moisture.
2. Across the bottom of the walls, you could possibly see what seems like ice crystals. This is efflorescence, which means that water in the bottom blocks is making the alkaline materials of the walls seep out.
3. Discoloration near the top of the walls means that the water is rising within the wall, or that something is directing it to that particular level.
4. Mold is another giveaway. It might be black, brown, green or yellow, and is usually noticed in the northwest corner.
5. The surface of the wall may be flaking or cracking. This is another indication of dampness inside the concrete, stone, or brick.
A damp basement problem is more than an aggravation and can be permanently damaging. Mildew decays everything in its proximity and might even worsen the health of a homeowner with breathing problems or allergy symptoms. It also makes a good habitat for termites to flourish in. Worst of all, it may weaken the foundation of your home. If the problem is not promptly handled, there may be erosion and cracking from underneath. For these reasons, it is strongly suggested to try and identify basement problems of this nature before they aggravate.
Please contact us at 314-428-2324 for more details or to make an appointment.