Basement Seepage Repair - Clarkson Valley 63005
It is very important to spot basement problems with water seepage in your own home at an early stage. Damp basements are a widespread occurrence, and often neglected, or go unnoticed in early stages.
Here are some ways to discover basement issues with water seepage, before it gets to an advanced stage:
1. Clear out all the things you have kept in the basement away from the wall surfaces and corners. Turn on your flashlight, focusing on the corners. You'll be able to sport dark-looking areas- this is mildew and mold, which is a sign of water.
2. Across the bottom of the wall, you may see what seems like ice crystals. This is efflorescence, meaning that water in the bottom blocks is making the alkaline materials of the wall seep out.
3. Discoloration towards the top of the wall means that the water is rising within the wall, or that something is directing it to that level.
4. Mold is another giveaway. It might be black, brown, green or yellowish, and is usually spotted in the northwest corner.
5. The surface of the wall structure might be flaking or peeling. This is another indicator of dampness in the concrete, stone, or brick.
A damp basement problem is more than an aggravation and can be permanently destructive. Mildew decays everything in its proximity and can even worsen the health of a resident with breathing problems or allergy symptoms. It also makes a great habitat for termites to prosper in. Worst of all, it could weaken the foundation of your house. If the problem is not promptly dealt with, there might be erosion and cracking from below. For these reasons, it is strongly advised to try and discover basement problems of this nature before they intensify.
Please contact us at 314-428-2324 for more details or to schedule an appointment.