Basement Seepage Repair - Clarkson Valley, MO 63005
It is important to spot basement issues with water seepage at your house at an early stage. Damp basements really are a common occurrence, and often overlooked, or go unnoticed in early stages.
Here are a few ways to discover basement issues with water seepage, before it reaches an advanced stage:
1. Clean out everything you have kept in the basement away from the wall surfaces and corners. Turn on your flashlight, focusing on the corners. You will be able to sport dark-looking areas- this is mildew, which is a sign of water.
2. Along the bottom of the wall, you may see what seems like ice crystals. This is efflorescence, meaning that water in the bottom blocks is making the alkaline materials of the walls seep out.
3. Discoloration towards the top of the walls means that the water is rising inside the wall, or that something is directing it to that particular level.
4. Mold is yet another giveaway. It might be black, brown, green or yellow, and it is usually spotted in the northwest corner.
5. The surface of the wall may be flaking or cracking. This is another indicator of water within the concrete, stone, or brick.
A wet basement problem is more than an aggravation and can be permanently damaging. Mildew decays everything in its proximity and can even worsen the health of a resident with breathing problems or allergy symptoms. It also makes a great habitat for harmful termites to flourish in. Worst of all, it could weaken the foundation of your house. If the problem is not promptly taken care of, there may be erosion and cracking from underneath. For these reasons, it is highly recommended to try and recognize basement problems of this nature before they aggravate.
Please contact us at 314-428-2324 for more info or to make an appointment.