Basement Seepage Repair - 63019
It is important to identify basement issues with water seepage in your house at an early stage. Moist basements really are a common occurrence, and often disregarded, or go unnoticed early on.
Here are some ways to discover basement problems with water seepage, before it gets to an advanced stage:
1. Clear out all the things you've got stored in the basement away from the walls and corners. Switch on your flashlight, concentrating on the corners. You will be able to sport dark-looking areas- this really is mildew and mold, which is a sign of moisture.
2. Across the bottom of the walls, you could possibly see what seems like ice crystals. This can be efflorescence, which means that water in the bottom blocks is making the alkaline materials of the walls seep out.
3. Staining near the top of the walls means that the water is rising inside the wall, or that something is directing it to that level.
4. Mold is another giveaway. It might be black, dark brown, green or yellow, and is usually noticed in the northwest corner.
5. The surface of the wall might be flaking or cracking. This can be another sign of water in the concrete, stone, or brick.
A wet basement problem is a lot more than an annoyance and can be permanently damaging. Mildew decays everything in its proximity and can even worsen the health of a homeowner with breathing problems or allergies. It also makes a great habitat for termites to prosper in. Worst of all, it can weaken the foundation of your property. If the issue is not quickly dealt with, there could be erosion and cracking from beneath. For these reasons, it is strongly advised to try and recognize basement problems of this nature before they worsen.
Please call us at 314-428-2324 for more information or to make an appointment.