Basement Seepage Repair - Crystal City, MO 63019
It is very important to identify basement problems with water seepage in your house at an early stage. Wet basements are a widespread occurrence, and often overlooked, or go unnoticed in early stages.
Here are a few ways to recognize basement issues with water seepage, before it gets to an advanced stage:
1. Clean out everything you've got stored in the basement away from the wall surfaces and corners. Switch on your flashlight, focusing on the corners. You will be able to sport dark-looking areas- this really is mildew, which is a sign of moisture.
2. Across the bottom of the wall, you could possibly see what seems like ice crystals. This is efflorescence, meaning that water in the bottom blocks is making the alkaline materials of the walls seep out.
3. Discoloration at the top of the walls implies that the water is rising within the wall, or that something is directing it to that particular level.
4. Mold is another giveaway. It may be black, dark brown, green or yellow, and it is usually spotted in the northwest corner.
5. The surface of the wall may be flaking or cracking. This is another sign of dampness within the concrete, stone, or brick.
A wet basement problem is more than an aggravation and can be permanently destructive. Mold decays everything in its proximity and may even worsen the health of a homeowner with breathing problems or allergies. It also makes a great habitat for harmful termites to prosper in. Worst of all, it can weaken the foundation of your property. If the issue is not promptly handled, there might be erosion and cracking from underneath. For these reasons, it is strongly suggested to try and identify basement problems of this nature before they aggravate.
Please call us at 314-428-2324 for more information or to make an appointment.