Basement Seepage Repair - Crystal City 63019
It is vital to spot basement issues with water seepage at your home at an early stage. Wet basements really are a common occurrence, and often overlooked, or go unnoticed early on.
Here are a few ways to recognize basement issues with water seepage, before it reaches an advanced stage:
1. Clear out all the things you've got kept in the basement away from the wall surfaces and corners. Switch on your flashlight, concentrating on the corners. You will be able to sport dark-looking areas- this really is mildew, which is a sign of moisture.
2. Along the bottom of the walls, you might see what seems like ice crystals. This can be efflorescence, meaning that water in the bottom blocks is making the alkaline materials of the wall seep out.
3. Discoloration at the top of the walls signifies that the water is rising inside the wall, or that something is directing it to that particular level.
4. Mold is yet another giveaway. It may be black, dark brown, green or yellowish, and it is usually spotted in the northwest corner.
5. The surface of the wall might be flaking or cracking. This can be another indication of dampness inside the concrete, stone, or brick.
A wet basement problem is more than an aggravation and can be permanently damaging. Mold decays everything in its vicinity and might even worsen the health of a resident with breathing problems or allergies. It also makes a great habitat for termites to flourish in. Worst of all, it can weaken the foundation of your home. If the problem is not immediately dealt with, there could be erosion and cracking from underneath. For these reasons, it is highly recommended to try and discover basement problems of this nature before they intensify.
Please contact us at 314-428-2324 for more information or to make an appointment.