Basement Seepage - Dittmer, Missouri 63023
It is vital to identify basement problems with water seepage in your house at an early stage. Moist basements really are a common occurrence, and often neglected, or go unnoticed in the beginning.
Here are a few ways to discover basement issues with water seepage, before it gets to an advanced stage:
1. Clean out all the things you have stored in the basement away from the wall surfaces and corners. Switch on your flashlight, focusing on the corners. You'll be able to sport dark-looking areas- this really is mildew and mold, which is a sign of water.
2. Along the bottom of the walls, you could possibly see what seems like ice crystals. This can be efflorescence, which means that water in the bottom blocks is making the alkaline materials of the wall seep out.
3. Discoloration near the top of the walls implies that the water is rising inside the wall, or that something is directing it to that level.
4. Mold is another giveaway. It may be black, dark brown, green or yellowish, and is usually seen in the northwest corner.
5. The surface of the wall structure might be flaking or cracking. This is another sign of dampness inside the concrete, stone, or brick.
A wet basement problem is more than an annoyance and can be permanently destructive. Mold decays everything in its vicinity and might even worsen the health of a resident with breathing problems or allergy symptoms. It also makes a great habitat for harmful termites to thrive in. Worst of all, it could weaken the foundation of your property. If the issue is not immediately taken care of, there could be erosion and cracking from below. For these reasons, it is highly recommended to try and discover basement problems of this nature before they aggravate.
Please call us at 314-428-2324 for more info or to make an appointment.