Basement Water Seepage - Dittmer, MO 63023
It is important to recognize basement problems with water seepage in your house at an early stage. Wet basements are a common occurrence, and often ignored, or go unnoticed in early stages.
Here are some ways to recognize basement problems with water seepage, before it reaches an advanced stage:
1. Clean out all the things you've got kept in the basement away from the wall surfaces and corners. Turn on your flashlight, focusing on the corners. You will be able to sport dark-looking areas- this really is mildew, which is a sign of moisture.
2. Along the bottom of the walls, you could possibly see what seems like ice crystals. This is efflorescence, meaning that water in the bottom blocks is making the alkaline materials of the wall seep out.
3. Discoloration near the top of the walls implies that the water is rising within the wall, or that something is directing it to that particular level.
4. Mold is yet another giveaway. It might be black, brown, green or yellow, and is usually noticed in the northwest corner.
5. The surface of the wall may be flaking or peeling. This is another sign of water within the concrete, stone, or brick.
A damp basement problem is a lot more than an aggravation and can be permanently damaging. Mold decays everything in its vicinity and can even worsen the health of a homeowner with breathing problems or allergy symptoms. It also makes a great habitat for harmful termites to thrive in. Worst of all, it may weaken the foundation of your home. If the issue is not promptly dealt with, there might be erosion and cracking from beneath. For these reasons, it is strongly advised to try and recognize basement problems of this nature before they worsen.
Please contact us at 314-428-2324 for more details or to schedule an appointment.