Basement Seepage Repair - Earth City 63045
It is very important to recognize basement issues with water seepage at your house at an early stage. Wet basements are a widespread occurrence, and often ignored, or go unnoticed in early stages.
Here are a few ways to recognize basement issues with water seepage, before it gets to an advanced stage:
1. Clear out everything you have stored in the basement away from the walls and corners. Turn on your flashlight, concentrating on the corners. You'll be able to sport dark-looking areas- this really is mildew and mold, which is a sign of moisture.
2. Along the bottom of the walls, you may see what seems like ice crystals. This is efflorescence, which means that water in the bottom blocks is making the alkaline materials of the walls seep out.
3. Staining near the top of the walls means that the water is rising inside the wall, or that something is directing it to that level.
4. Mold is yet another giveaway. It may be black, dark brown, green or yellow, and is usually spotted in the northwest corner.
5. The surface of the wall structure might be flaking or cracking. This is another sign of water within the concrete, stone, or brick.
A wet basement problem is more than an annoyance and can be permanently destructive. Mold decays everything in its proximity and might even worsen the health of a resident with breathing problems or allergy symptoms. It also makes a good habitat for termites to flourish in. Worst of all, it could weaken the foundation of your home. If the issue is not immediately handled, there may be erosion and cracking from underneath. For these reasons, it is strongly suggested to try and identify basement problems of this nature before they intensify.
Please call us at 314-428-2324 for more info or to schedule an appointment.