Basement Seepage Repair - Earth City, Missouri 63045
It is very important to recognize basement problems with water seepage in your house at an early stage. Wet basements really are a widespread occurrence, and often ignored, or go unnoticed in early stages.
Here are a few ways to discover basement problems with water seepage, before it gets to an advanced stage:
1. Clean out all the things you've got kept in the basement away from the walls and corners. Turn on your flashlight, focusing on the corners. You will be able to sport dark-looking areas- this is mildew, which is a sign of water.
2. Along the bottom of the walls, you could see what seems like ice crystals. This can be efflorescence, meaning that water in the bottom blocks is making the alkaline materials of the wall seep out.
3. Discoloration towards the top of the walls means that the water is rising within the wall, or that something is directing it to that particular level.
4. Mold is yet another giveaway. It might be black, dark brown, green or yellow, and it is usually seen in the northwest corner.
5. The surface of the wall structure could be flaking or peeling. This is another indicator of dampness in the concrete, stone, or brick.
A wet basement problem is more than an aggravation and can be permanently destructive. Mildew decays everything in its proximity and may even worsen the health of a homeowner with breathing problems or allergy symptoms. It also makes a great habitat for harmful termites to thrive in. Worst of all, it could weaken the foundation of your home. If the problem is not immediately taken care of, there could be erosion and cracking from below. For these reasons, it is strongly advised to try and recognize basement problems of this nature before they worsen.
Please call us at 314-428-2324 for more info or to make an appointment.