Basement Seepage Repair - Ferguson 63136
It is vital to spot basement issues with water seepage at your home at an early stage. Wet basements are a widespread occurrence, and often forgotten, or go unnoticed in early stages.
Here are a few ways to identify basement problems with water seepage, before it gets to an advanced stage:
1. Clean out all the things you have kept in the basement away from the walls and corners. Switch on your flashlight, concentrating on the corners. You'll be able to sport dark-looking areas- this is mildew and mold, which is a sign of water.
2. Across the bottom of the walls, you might see what seems like ice crystals. This is efflorescence, meaning that water in the bottom blocks is making the alkaline materials of the walls seep out.
3. Staining at the top of the walls means that the water is rising within the wall, or that something is directing it to that particular level.
4. Mold is another giveaway. It might be black, brown, green or yellowish, and it is usually seen in the northwest corner.
5. The surface of the wall may be flaking or cracking. This can be another sign of water in the concrete, stone, or brick.
A damp basement problem is more than an aggravation and can be permanently damaging. Mold decays everything in its proximity and might even worsen the health of a homeowner with breathing problems or allergy symptoms. It also makes a good habitat for termites to prosper in. Worst of all, it could weaken the foundation of your house. If the problem is not immediately dealt with, there may be erosion and cracking from beneath. For these reasons, it is strongly suggested to try and recognize basement problems of this nature before they worsen.
Please contact us at 314-428-2324 for more information or to schedule an appointment.