Basement Seepage Repair - Ferguson, MO 63136
It is very important to spot basement issues with water seepage at your house at an early stage. Damp basements really are a common occurrence, and often forgotten, or go unnoticed in the beginning.
Here are a few ways to identify basement issues with water seepage, before it reaches an advanced stage:
1. Clean out all the things you have kept in the basement away from the walls and corners. Turn on your flashlight, focusing on the corners. You'll be able to sport dark-looking areas- this is mildew and mold, which is a sign of moisture.
2. Along the bottom of the walls, you could possibly see what seems like ice crystals. This is efflorescence, meaning that water in the bottom blocks is making the alkaline materials of the walls seep out.
3. Discoloration at the top of the wall signifies that the water is rising within the wall, or that something is directing it to that level.
4. Mold is yet another giveaway. It could be black, brown, green or yellow, and is usually noticed in the northwest corner.
5. The surface of the wall may be flaking or peeling. This can be another indication of dampness inside the concrete, stone, or brick.
A wet basement problem is more than an aggravation and can be permanently damaging. Mold decays everything in its proximity and can even worsen the health of a resident with breathing problems or allergy symptoms. It also makes a great habitat for harmful termites to flourish in. Worst of all, it could weaken the foundation of your home. If the issue is not promptly dealt with, there could be erosion and cracking from beneath. For these reasons, it is strongly suggested to try and identify basement problems of this nature before they intensify.
Please call us at 314-428-2324 for more info or to make an appointment.