Basement Seepage Repair - Firstar Bank, Missouri 63195
It is very important to identify basement issues with water seepage in your own home at an early stage. Damp basements are a widespread occurrence, and often disregarded, or go unnoticed in the beginning.
Here are a few ways to recognize basement problems with water seepage, before it reaches an advanced stage:
1. Clean out all the things you've got stored in the basement away from the wall surfaces and corners. Switch on your flashlight, concentrating on the corners. You will be able to sport dark-looking areas- this is mildew, which is a sign of moisture.
2. Across the bottom of the walls, you could possibly see what seems like ice crystals. This is efflorescence, which means that water in the bottom blocks is making the alkaline materials of the walls seep out.
3. Staining at the top of the walls means that the water is rising inside the wall, or that something is directing it to that level.
4. Mold is another giveaway. It may be black, dark brown, green or yellow, and is usually spotted in the northwest corner.
5. The surface of the wall structure may be flaking or peeling. This can be another indication of water within the concrete, stone, or brick.
A damp basement problem is more than an aggravation and can be permanently damaging. Mildew decays everything in its proximity and might even worsen the health of a resident with breathing problems or allergies. It also makes a good habitat for harmful termites to prosper in. Worst of all, it could weaken the foundation of your property. If the issue is not promptly taken care of, there could be erosion and cracking from below. For these reasons, it is highly recommended to try and recognize basement problems of this nature before they worsen.
Please call us at 314-428-2324 for more info or to schedule an appointment.