Basement Water Seepage - Firstar Bank, MO 63195
It is crucial to identify basement issues with water seepage at your house at an early stage. Wet basements really are a widespread occurrence, and often neglected, or go unnoticed early on.
Here are a few ways to discover basement problems with water seepage, before it gets to an advanced stage:
1. Clear out everything you've got stored in the basement away from the walls and corners. Switch on your flashlight, focusing on the corners. You'll be able to sport dark-looking areas- this is mildew, which is a sign of water.
2. Along the bottom of the wall, you could possibly see what seems like ice crystals. This can be efflorescence, which means that water in the bottom blocks is making the alkaline materials of the wall seep out.
3. Staining at the top of the walls means that the water is rising within the wall, or that something is directing it to that particular level.
4. Mold is yet another giveaway. It could be black, brown, green or yellowish, and is usually noticed in the northwest corner.
5. The surface of the wall might be flaking or cracking. This is another indication of water within the concrete, stone, or brick.
A wet basement problem is a lot more than an annoyance and can be permanently destructive. Mildew decays everything in its vicinity and might even worsen the health of a homeowner with breathing problems or allergies. It also makes a great habitat for harmful termites to prosper in. Worst of all, it may weaken the foundation of your home. If the issue is not promptly dealt with, there may be erosion and cracking from underneath. For these reasons, it is strongly suggested to try and discover basement problems of this nature before they worsen.
Please call us at 314-428-2324 for more information or to make an appointment.