Basement Seepage Repair - Florissant, Missouri 63031
It is vital to identify basement problems with water seepage at your home at an early stage. Wet basements really are a common occurrence, and often ignored, or go unnoticed early on.
Here are some ways to identify basement problems with water seepage, before it gets to an advanced stage:
1. Clean out everything you have stored in the basement away from the wall surfaces and corners. Turn on your flashlight, concentrating on the corners. You will be able to sport dark-looking areas- this really is mildew, which is a sign of water.
2. Along the bottom of the wall, you could possibly see what seems like ice crystals. This can be efflorescence, which means that water in the bottom blocks is making the alkaline materials of the walls seep out.
3. Discoloration towards the top of the walls implies that the water is rising inside the wall, or that something is directing it to that particular level.
4. Mold is another giveaway. It might be black, dark brown, green or yellow, and is usually spotted in the northwest corner.
5. The surface of the wall structure may be flaking or cracking. This can be another indicator of water inside the concrete, stone, or brick.
A wet basement problem is a lot more than an aggravation and can be permanently destructive. Mold decays everything in its proximity and might even worsen the health of a resident with breathing problems or allergies. It also makes a great habitat for termites to thrive in. Worst of all, it could weaken the foundation of your property. If the issue is not quickly dealt with, there might be erosion and cracking from underneath. For these reasons, it is strongly advised to try and recognize basement problems of this nature before they aggravate.
Please contact us at 314-428-2324 for more details or to schedule an appointment.