Basement Seepage - Florissant, Missouri 63031
It is important to recognize basement problems with water seepage at your house at an early stage. Wet basements really are a widespread occurrence, and often ignored, or go unnoticed in early stages.
Here are a few ways to recognize basement problems with water seepage, before it gets to an advanced stage:
1. Clear out all the things you've got kept in the basement away from the walls and corners. Switch on your flashlight, concentrating on the corners. You will be able to sport dark-looking areas- this is mildew, which is a sign of water.
2. Across the bottom of the walls, you may see what seems like ice crystals. This can be efflorescence, which means that water in the bottom blocks is making the alkaline materials of the wall seep out.
3. Staining near the top of the walls means that the water is rising inside the wall, or that something is directing it to that particular level.
4. Mold is another giveaway. It may be black, dark brown, green or yellowish, and is usually noticed in the northwest corner.
5. The surface of the wall structure might be flaking or cracking. This is another indicator of water in the concrete, stone, or brick.
A damp basement problem is more than an annoyance and can be permanently damaging. Mildew decays everything in its vicinity and may even worsen the health of a resident with breathing problems or allergies. It also makes a good habitat for termites to flourish in. Worst of all, it may weaken the foundation of your home. If the problem is not quickly handled, there could be erosion and cracking from beneath. For these reasons, it is strongly advised to try and discover basement problems of this nature before they aggravate.
Please contact us at 314-428-2324 for more information or to make an appointment.