Basement Water Seepage - Greendale 63133
It is very important to identify basement issues with water seepage in your own home at an early stage. Moist basements really are a widespread occurrence, and often ignored, or go unnoticed in the beginning.
Here are a few ways to recognize basement issues with water seepage, before it gets to an advanced stage:
1. Clean out all the things you've got stored in the basement away from the wall surfaces and corners. Turn on your flashlight, concentrating on the corners. You'll be able to sport dark-looking areas- this is mildew and mold, which is a sign of water.
2. Along the bottom of the wall, you could possibly see what seems like ice crystals. This can be efflorescence, meaning that water in the bottom blocks is making the alkaline materials of the walls seep out.
3. Discoloration towards the top of the walls means that the water is rising within the wall, or that something is directing it to that level.
4. Mold is yet another giveaway. It may be black, brown, green or yellowish, and is usually spotted in the northwest corner.
5. The surface of the wall might be flaking or cracking. This is another indication of water inside the concrete, stone, or brick.
A damp basement problem is a lot more than an aggravation and can be permanently damaging. Mildew decays everything in its vicinity and can even worsen the health of a homeowner with breathing problems or allergy symptoms. It also makes a good habitat for termites to thrive in. Worst of all, it may weaken the foundation of your property. If the issue is not quickly handled, there may be erosion and cracking from beneath. For these reasons, it is strongly advised to try and discover basement problems of this nature before they aggravate.
Please contact us at 314-428-2324 for more details or to make an appointment.