Basement Seepage Repair - 63005
It is important to recognize basement problems with water seepage in your house at an early stage. Wet basements really are a common occurrence, and often neglected, or go unnoticed in early stages.
Here are a few ways to discover basement issues with water seepage, before it gets to an advanced stage:
1. Clear out everything you have stored in the basement away from the walls and corners. Turn on your flashlight, focusing on the corners. You'll be able to sport dark-looking areas- this really is mildew and mold, which is a sign of moisture.
2. Across the bottom of the walls, you might see what seems like ice crystals. This is efflorescence, which means that water in the bottom blocks is making the alkaline materials of the wall seep out.
3. Discoloration at the top of the wall implies that the water is rising within the wall, or that something is directing it to that particular level.
4. Mold is yet another giveaway. It could be black, dark brown, green or yellowish, and is usually noticed in the northwest corner.
5. The surface of the wall may be flaking or cracking. This can be another indicator of water in the concrete, stone, or brick.
A wet basement problem is more than an aggravation and can be permanently destructive. Mildew decays everything in its proximity and might even worsen the health of a homeowner with breathing problems or allergy symptoms. It also makes a great habitat for termites to prosper in. Worst of all, it could weaken the foundation of your home. If the issue is not quickly taken care of, there could be erosion and cracking from beneath. For these reasons, it is strongly advised to try and identify basement problems of this nature before they intensify.
Please contact us at 314-428-2324 for more info or to make an appointment.