Basement Seepage Repair - Gumbo, MO 63005
It is important to spot basement problems with water seepage in your own home at an early stage. Wet basements really are a widespread occurrence, and often neglected, or go unnoticed in early stages.
Here are a few ways to identify basement issues with water seepage, before it reaches an advanced stage:
1. Clean out everything you have kept in the basement away from the wall surfaces and corners. Switch on your flashlight, focusing on the corners. You'll be able to sport dark-looking areas- this is mildew and mold, which is a sign of water.
2. Along the bottom of the walls, you could see what seems like ice crystals. This is efflorescence, which means that water in the bottom blocks is making the alkaline materials of the wall seep out.
3. Staining near the top of the wall signifies that the water is rising inside the wall, or that something is directing it to that level.
4. Mold is yet another giveaway. It could be black, dark brown, green or yellow, and it is usually spotted in the northwest corner.
5. The surface of the wall structure could be flaking or cracking. This can be another indication of water within the concrete, stone, or brick.
A wet basement problem is a lot more than an aggravation and can be permanently damaging. Mildew decays everything in its vicinity and can even worsen the health of a resident with breathing problems or allergy symptoms. It also makes a good habitat for termites to thrive in. Worst of all, it may weaken the foundation of your home. If the problem is not quickly dealt with, there could be erosion and cracking from below. For these reasons, it is strongly suggested to try and recognize basement problems of this nature before they worsen.
Please contact us at 314-428-2324 for more details or to make an appointment.