Basement Water Seepage - Gumbo, Missouri 63005
It is crucial to identify basement issues with water seepage at your home at an early stage. Wet basements are a widespread occurrence, and often neglected, or go unnoticed in the beginning.
Here are some ways to discover basement issues with water seepage, before it gets to an advanced stage:
1. Clear out all the things you have kept in the basement away from the wall surfaces and corners. Turn on your flashlight, focusing on the corners. You'll be able to sport dark-looking areas- this really is mildew, which is a sign of moisture.
2. Across the bottom of the wall, you could see what seems like ice crystals. This is efflorescence, which means that water in the bottom blocks is making the alkaline materials of the wall seep out.
3. Staining at the top of the wall implies that the water is rising inside the wall, or that something is directing it to that level.
4. Mold is yet another giveaway. It could be black, dark brown, green or yellow, and it is usually seen in the northwest corner.
5. The surface of the wall may be flaking or peeling. This is another indication of water in the concrete, stone, or brick.
A wet basement problem is more than an aggravation and can be permanently destructive. Mold decays everything in its proximity and can even worsen the health of a homeowner with breathing problems or allergy symptoms. It also makes a great habitat for harmful termites to thrive in. Worst of all, it may weaken the foundation of your home. If the issue is not promptly dealt with, there could be erosion and cracking from beneath. For these reasons, it is highly recommended to try and recognize basement problems of this nature before they intensify.
Please call us at 314-428-2324 for more information or to make an appointment.