Basement Seepage Repair - 63005
It is important to spot basement issues with water seepage at your house at an early stage. Damp basements really are a widespread occurrence, and often ignored, or go unnoticed in early stages.
Here are some ways to identify basement issues with water seepage, before it gets to an advanced stage:
1. Clean out all the things you've got stored in the basement away from the wall surfaces and corners. Turn on your flashlight, concentrating on the corners. You will be able to sport dark-looking areas- this really is mildew, which is a sign of moisture.
2. Along the bottom of the wall, you could possibly see what seems like ice crystals. This is efflorescence, which means that water in the bottom blocks is making the alkaline materials of the walls seep out.
3. Discoloration near the top of the walls signifies that the water is rising within the wall, or that something is directing it to that particular level.
4. Mold is another giveaway. It might be black, brown, green or yellowish, and is usually spotted in the northwest corner.
5. The surface of the wall structure might be flaking or cracking. This is another indicator of water in the concrete, stone, or brick.
A wet basement problem is a lot more than an annoyance and can be permanently destructive. Mildew decays everything in its proximity and might even worsen the health of a resident with breathing problems or allergies. It also makes a good habitat for termites to thrive in. Worst of all, it could weaken the foundation of your house. If the issue is not quickly taken care of, there might be erosion and cracking from underneath. For these reasons, it is strongly advised to try and recognize basement problems of this nature before they intensify.
Please contact us at 314-428-2324 for more details or to schedule an appointment.