Basement Seepage Repair - Gumbo, MO 63005
It is very important to recognize basement problems with water seepage at your home at an early stage. Wet basements really are a widespread occurrence, and often ignored, or go unnoticed in early stages.
Here are a few ways to identify basement problems with water seepage, before it reaches an advanced stage:
1. Clean out all the things you've got stored in the basement away from the walls and corners. Switch on your flashlight, concentrating on the corners. You will be able to sport dark-looking areas- this is mildew, which is a sign of moisture.
2. Across the bottom of the walls, you could see what seems like ice crystals. This can be efflorescence, meaning that water in the bottom blocks is making the alkaline materials of the walls seep out.
3. Staining at the top of the wall means that the water is rising inside the wall, or that something is directing it to that particular level.
4. Mold is another giveaway. It could be black, brown, green or yellowish, and is usually noticed in the northwest corner.
5. The surface of the wall structure could be flaking or peeling. This is another sign of dampness within the concrete, stone, or brick.
A wet basement problem is a lot more than an aggravation and can be permanently damaging. Mildew decays everything in its vicinity and may even worsen the health of a resident with breathing problems or allergy symptoms. It also makes a great habitat for harmful termites to thrive in. Worst of all, it may weaken the foundation of your property. If the problem is not promptly taken care of, there may be erosion and cracking from underneath. For these reasons, it is strongly advised to try and identify basement problems of this nature before they worsen.
Please contact us at 314-428-2324 for more info or to make an appointment.