Basement Seepage Repair - 63044
It is important to recognize basement issues with water seepage at your house at an early stage. Damp basements are a widespread occurrence, and often forgotten, or go unnoticed early on.
Here are a few ways to recognize basement problems with water seepage, before it reaches an advanced stage:
1. Clean out all the things you have kept in the basement away from the walls and corners. Turn on your flashlight, concentrating on the corners. You'll be able to sport dark-looking areas- this really is mildew and mold, which is a sign of water.
2. Across the bottom of the walls, you could possibly see what seems like ice crystals. This is efflorescence, meaning that water in the bottom blocks is making the alkaline materials of the walls seep out.
3. Discoloration near the top of the wall means that the water is rising inside the wall, or that something is directing it to that level.
4. Mold is another giveaway. It may be black, dark brown, green or yellow, and is usually noticed in the northwest corner.
5. The surface of the wall structure may be flaking or peeling. This is another indication of water within the concrete, stone, or brick.
A damp basement problem is a lot more than an annoyance and can be permanently destructive. Mildew decays everything in its proximity and might even worsen the health of a homeowner with breathing problems or allergy symptoms. It also makes a good habitat for harmful termites to flourish in. Worst of all, it could weaken the foundation of your house. If the issue is not promptly dealt with, there could be erosion and cracking from below. For these reasons, it is highly recommended to try and discover basement problems of this nature before they worsen.
Please call us at 314-428-2324 for more information or to make an appointment.