Basement Seepage Repair - Hazelwood, Missouri 63044
It is vital to recognize basement issues with water seepage at your house at an early stage. Wet basements really are a common occurrence, and often disregarded, or go unnoticed early on.
Here are a few ways to identify basement issues with water seepage, before it gets to an advanced stage:
1. Clear out all the things you've got kept in the basement away from the walls and corners. Turn on your flashlight, concentrating on the corners. You will be able to sport dark-looking areas- this is mildew and mold, which is a sign of moisture.
2. Across the bottom of the walls, you could possibly see what seems like ice crystals. This can be efflorescence, meaning that water in the bottom blocks is making the alkaline materials of the walls seep out.
3. Discoloration towards the top of the walls means that the water is rising within the wall, or that something is directing it to that particular level.
4. Mold is yet another giveaway. It may be black, brown, green or yellowish, and is usually seen in the northwest corner.
5. The surface of the wall structure might be flaking or peeling. This is another indicator of dampness within the concrete, stone, or brick.
A wet basement problem is a lot more than an aggravation and can be permanently destructive. Mildew decays everything in its vicinity and might even worsen the health of a resident with breathing problems or allergy symptoms. It also makes a good habitat for harmful termites to thrive in. Worst of all, it can weaken the foundation of your house. If the problem is not quickly dealt with, there may be erosion and cracking from beneath. For these reasons, it is strongly advised to try and recognize basement problems of this nature before they aggravate.
Please contact us at 314-428-2324 for more information or to schedule an appointment.