Basement Seepage Repair - Imperial 63052
It is vital to recognize basement issues with water seepage at your home at an early stage. Wet basements really are a common occurrence, and often forgotten, or go unnoticed early on.
Here are a few ways to recognize basement problems with water seepage, before it gets to an advanced stage:
1. Clean out everything you have stored in the basement away from the walls and corners. Switch on your flashlight, focusing on the corners. You will be able to sport dark-looking areas- this really is mildew and mold, which is a sign of moisture.
2. Along the bottom of the walls, you could possibly see what seems like ice crystals. This can be efflorescence, meaning that water in the bottom blocks is making the alkaline materials of the walls seep out.
3. Discoloration near the top of the wall means that the water is rising within the wall, or that something is directing it to that particular level.
4. Mold is yet another giveaway. It may be black, dark brown, green or yellowish, and is usually spotted in the northwest corner.
5. The surface of the wall could be flaking or peeling. This is another sign of dampness within the concrete, stone, or brick.
A wet basement problem is more than an aggravation and can be permanently damaging. Mildew decays everything in its proximity and might even worsen the health of a homeowner with breathing problems or allergy symptoms. It also makes a great habitat for harmful termites to flourish in. Worst of all, it can weaken the foundation of your house. If the issue is not quickly dealt with, there might be erosion and cracking from beneath. For these reasons, it is strongly advised to try and identify basement problems of this nature before they worsen.
Please contact us at 314-428-2324 for more info or to schedule an appointment.