Basement Water Seepage - Imperial, Missouri 63052
It is important to identify basement problems with water seepage in your house at an early stage. Damp basements are a widespread occurrence, and often forgotten, or go unnoticed in early stages.
Here are some ways to recognize basement issues with water seepage, before it gets to an advanced stage:
1. Clear out all the things you have stored in the basement away from the walls and corners. Turn on your flashlight, concentrating on the corners. You'll be able to sport dark-looking areas- this really is mildew and mold, which is a sign of moisture.
2. Along the bottom of the walls, you may see what seems like ice crystals. This is efflorescence, which means that water in the bottom blocks is making the alkaline materials of the walls seep out.
3. Staining at the top of the walls signifies that the water is rising within the wall, or that something is directing it to that level.
4. Mold is another giveaway. It may be black, dark brown, green or yellowish, and is usually noticed in the northwest corner.
5. The surface of the wall structure might be flaking or cracking. This can be another sign of dampness inside the concrete, stone, or brick.
A damp basement problem is a lot more than an aggravation and can be permanently damaging. Mildew decays everything in its proximity and may even worsen the health of a resident with breathing problems or allergy symptoms. It also makes a good habitat for harmful termites to thrive in. Worst of all, it can weaken the foundation of your property. If the problem is not promptly handled, there may be erosion and cracking from below. For these reasons, it is strongly advised to try and identify basement problems of this nature before they aggravate.
Please contact us at 314-428-2324 for more details or to schedule an appointment.