Basement Seepage Repair - Imperial, MO 63052
It is crucial to identify basement problems with water seepage at your home at an early stage. Wet basements are a widespread occurrence, and often overlooked, or go unnoticed in early stages.
Here are a few ways to identify basement problems with water seepage, before it gets to an advanced stage:
1. Clean out all the things you have stored in the basement away from the walls and corners. Turn on your flashlight, focusing on the corners. You will be able to sport dark-looking areas- this is mildew and mold, which is a sign of moisture.
2. Across the bottom of the wall, you could see what seems like ice crystals. This is efflorescence, meaning that water in the bottom blocks is making the alkaline materials of the wall seep out.
3. Staining near the top of the walls signifies that the water is rising within the wall, or that something is directing it to that particular level.
4. Mold is another giveaway. It might be black, dark brown, green or yellow, and it is usually seen in the northwest corner.
5. The surface of the wall structure could be flaking or cracking. This is another indication of water within the concrete, stone, or brick.
A damp basement problem is a lot more than an aggravation and can be permanently destructive. Mold decays everything in its vicinity and can even worsen the health of a homeowner with breathing problems or allergy symptoms. It also makes a great habitat for harmful termites to thrive in. Worst of all, it may weaken the foundation of your house. If the issue is not quickly taken care of, there might be erosion and cracking from beneath. For these reasons, it is strongly advised to try and identify basement problems of this nature before they intensify.
Please call us at 314-428-2324 for more details or to schedule an appointment.