Basement Seepage Repair - Imperial, Missouri 63052
It is vital to recognize basement issues with water seepage in your own home at an early stage. Wet basements really are a widespread occurrence, and often overlooked, or go unnoticed in the beginning.
Here are a few ways to recognize basement problems with water seepage, before it gets to an advanced stage:
1. Clean out all the things you have kept in the basement away from the walls and corners. Turn on your flashlight, focusing on the corners. You will be able to sport dark-looking areas- this really is mildew, which is a sign of moisture.
2. Along the bottom of the walls, you might see what seems like ice crystals. This is efflorescence, meaning that water in the bottom blocks is making the alkaline materials of the wall seep out.
3. Staining at the top of the walls implies that the water is rising inside the wall, or that something is directing it to that level.
4. Mold is another giveaway. It could be black, dark brown, green or yellow, and is usually spotted in the northwest corner.
5. The surface of the wall might be flaking or cracking. This can be another indication of water in the concrete, stone, or brick.
A damp basement problem is a lot more than an annoyance and can be permanently damaging. Mildew decays everything in its vicinity and can even worsen the health of a homeowner with breathing problems or allergies. It also makes a good habitat for termites to flourish in. Worst of all, it could weaken the foundation of your house. If the problem is not quickly handled, there might be erosion and cracking from underneath. For these reasons, it is strongly advised to try and identify basement problems of this nature before they intensify.
Please contact us at 314-428-2324 for more information or to make an appointment.