Basement Seepage Repair - Saint John, MO 63114
It is important to recognize basement issues with water seepage in your house at an early stage. Wet basements really are a widespread occurrence, and often forgotten, or go unnoticed in early stages.
Here are some ways to discover basement problems with water seepage, before it gets to an advanced stage:
1. Clean out everything you've got kept in the basement away from the wall surfaces and corners. Turn on your flashlight, concentrating on the corners. You will be able to sport dark-looking areas- this really is mildew and mold, which is a sign of moisture.
2. Along the bottom of the wall, you may see what seems like ice crystals. This is efflorescence, which means that water in the bottom blocks is making the alkaline materials of the walls seep out.
3. Discoloration at the top of the wall means that the water is rising inside the wall, or that something is directing it to that level.
4. Mold is another giveaway. It may be black, dark brown, green or yellowish, and it is usually seen in the northwest corner.
5. The surface of the wall may be flaking or peeling. This can be another sign of dampness inside the concrete, stone, or brick.
A wet basement problem is more than an aggravation and can be permanently damaging. Mold decays everything in its vicinity and may even worsen the health of a resident with breathing problems or allergy symptoms. It also makes a great habitat for termites to prosper in. Worst of all, it can weaken the foundation of your house. If the issue is not quickly taken care of, there may be erosion and cracking from beneath. For these reasons, it is strongly suggested to try and discover basement problems of this nature before they worsen.
Please contact us at 314-428-2324 for more info or to make an appointment.