Basement Seepage - 63114
It is crucial to identify basement problems with water seepage in your house at an early stage. Moist basements are a widespread occurrence, and often disregarded, or go unnoticed in early stages.
Here are some ways to discover basement issues with water seepage, before it reaches an advanced stage:
1. Clean out all the things you have kept in the basement away from the walls and corners. Switch on your flashlight, concentrating on the corners. You will be able to sport dark-looking areas- this really is mildew, which is a sign of moisture.
2. Across the bottom of the wall, you may see what seems like ice crystals. This can be efflorescence, which means that water in the bottom blocks is making the alkaline materials of the wall seep out.
3. Staining at the top of the wall means that the water is rising within the wall, or that something is directing it to that level.
4. Mold is another giveaway. It might be black, dark brown, green or yellowish, and is usually noticed in the northwest corner.
5. The surface of the wall may be flaking or peeling. This is another sign of water inside the concrete, stone, or brick.
A damp basement problem is a lot more than an aggravation and can be permanently destructive. Mildew decays everything in its vicinity and can even worsen the health of a homeowner with breathing problems or allergies. It also makes a good habitat for harmful termites to thrive in. Worst of all, it could weaken the foundation of your home. If the issue is not promptly taken care of, there could be erosion and cracking from underneath. For these reasons, it is highly recommended to try and recognize basement problems of this nature before they worsen.
Please contact us at 314-428-2324 for more details or to schedule an appointment.