Basement Seepage Repair - Saint Louis, MO 63103
It is crucial to identify basement problems with water seepage in your house at an early stage. Moist basements really are a common occurrence, and often disregarded, or go unnoticed in the beginning.
Here are a few ways to identify basement problems with water seepage, before it gets to an advanced stage:
1. Clean out everything you've got stored in the basement away from the walls and corners. Turn on your flashlight, focusing on the corners. You'll be able to sport dark-looking areas- this really is mildew and mold, which is a sign of water.
2. Across the bottom of the wall, you could possibly see what seems like ice crystals. This can be efflorescence, which means that water in the bottom blocks is making the alkaline materials of the walls seep out.
3. Staining towards the top of the walls signifies that the water is rising within the wall, or that something is directing it to that level.
4. Mold is yet another giveaway. It may be black, dark brown, green or yellowish, and it is usually seen in the northwest corner.
5. The surface of the wall structure could be flaking or peeling. This is another indicator of water within the concrete, stone, or brick.
A wet basement problem is more than an annoyance and can be permanently damaging. Mold decays everything in its proximity and might even worsen the health of a homeowner with breathing problems or allergy symptoms. It also makes a great habitat for termites to flourish in. Worst of all, it may weaken the foundation of your house. If the problem is not immediately handled, there might be erosion and cracking from below. For these reasons, it is strongly suggested to try and discover basement problems of this nature before they intensify.
Please call us at 314-428-2324 for more details or to schedule an appointment.