Basement Seepage Repair - 63103
It is crucial to spot basement problems with water seepage at your home at an early stage. Moist basements are a widespread occurrence, and often disregarded, or go unnoticed early on.
Here are some ways to recognize basement problems with water seepage, before it reaches an advanced stage:
1. Clean out all the things you have stored in the basement away from the walls and corners. Turn on your flashlight, concentrating on the corners. You'll be able to sport dark-looking areas- this really is mildew and mold, which is a sign of moisture.
2. Along the bottom of the wall, you could possibly see what seems like ice crystals. This is efflorescence, meaning that water in the bottom blocks is making the alkaline materials of the walls seep out.
3. Staining near the top of the walls means that the water is rising within the wall, or that something is directing it to that level.
4. Mold is another giveaway. It could be black, dark brown, green or yellow, and is usually spotted in the northwest corner.
5. The surface of the wall structure may be flaking or cracking. This is another indicator of dampness inside the concrete, stone, or brick.
A wet basement problem is a lot more than an annoyance and can be permanently destructive. Mildew decays everything in its vicinity and might even worsen the health of a homeowner with breathing problems or allergies. It also makes a good habitat for harmful termites to thrive in. Worst of all, it can weaken the foundation of your house. If the issue is not immediately handled, there could be erosion and cracking from beneath. For these reasons, it is highly recommended to try and recognize basement problems of this nature before they intensify.
Please contact us at 314-428-2324 for more info or to schedule an appointment.