Basement Seepage Repair - 63104
It is crucial to spot basement problems with water seepage in your house at an early stage. Moist basements are a widespread occurrence, and often ignored, or go unnoticed in early stages.
Here are a few ways to identify basement problems with water seepage, before it gets to an advanced stage:
1. Clean out all the things you've got kept in the basement away from the wall surfaces and corners. Turn on your flashlight, focusing on the corners. You'll be able to sport dark-looking areas- this really is mildew, which is a sign of water.
2. Along the bottom of the wall, you might see what seems like ice crystals. This is efflorescence, which means that water in the bottom blocks is making the alkaline materials of the wall seep out.
3. Staining towards the top of the wall means that the water is rising within the wall, or that something is directing it to that particular level.
4. Mold is another giveaway. It could be black, dark brown, green or yellow, and is usually seen in the northwest corner.
5. The surface of the wall structure may be flaking or cracking. This can be another indication of dampness within the concrete, stone, or brick.
A wet basement problem is more than an annoyance and can be permanently destructive. Mold decays everything in its vicinity and might even worsen the health of a homeowner with breathing problems or allergies. It also makes a good habitat for termites to flourish in. Worst of all, it may weaken the foundation of your house. If the problem is not quickly handled, there could be erosion and cracking from beneath. For these reasons, it is strongly advised to try and discover basement problems of this nature before they intensify.
Please call us at 314-428-2324 for more details or to schedule an appointment.