Basement Seepage Repair - 63104
It is very important to recognize basement problems with water seepage at your home at an early stage. Moist basements really are a widespread occurrence, and often neglected, or go unnoticed in the beginning.
Here are some ways to recognize basement problems with water seepage, before it gets to an advanced stage:
1. Clean out everything you have kept in the basement away from the walls and corners. Switch on your flashlight, focusing on the corners. You will be able to sport dark-looking areas- this really is mildew, which is a sign of moisture.
2. Across the bottom of the walls, you could possibly see what seems like ice crystals. This can be efflorescence, which means that water in the bottom blocks is making the alkaline materials of the walls seep out.
3. Staining near the top of the wall signifies that the water is rising inside the wall, or that something is directing it to that particular level.
4. Mold is another giveaway. It may be black, dark brown, green or yellow, and it is usually spotted in the northwest corner.
5. The surface of the wall structure may be flaking or peeling. This is another indication of water within the concrete, stone, or brick.
A damp basement problem is more than an aggravation and can be permanently destructive. Mildew decays everything in its proximity and can even worsen the health of a resident with breathing problems or allergies. It also makes a good habitat for termites to prosper in. Worst of all, it could weaken the foundation of your home. If the problem is not quickly handled, there could be erosion and cracking from underneath. For these reasons, it is strongly suggested to try and recognize basement problems of this nature before they aggravate.
Please contact us at 314-428-2324 for more details or to schedule an appointment.