Basement Seepage Repair - Saint Louis, Missouri 63122
It is important to recognize basement problems with water seepage in your own home at an early stage. Moist basements really are a widespread occurrence, and often forgotten, or go unnoticed early on.
Here are some ways to discover basement problems with water seepage, before it reaches an advanced stage:
1. Clean out everything you've got stored in the basement away from the wall surfaces and corners. Turn on your flashlight, concentrating on the corners. You will be able to sport dark-looking areas- this is mildew, which is a sign of water.
2. Across the bottom of the wall, you could possibly see what seems like ice crystals. This can be efflorescence, which means that water in the bottom blocks is making the alkaline materials of the walls seep out.
3. Staining at the top of the wall means that the water is rising inside the wall, or that something is directing it to that particular level.
4. Mold is yet another giveaway. It might be black, dark brown, green or yellowish, and it is usually noticed in the northwest corner.
5. The surface of the wall might be flaking or peeling. This can be another indicator of water within the concrete, stone, or brick.
A wet basement problem is a lot more than an aggravation and can be permanently damaging. Mildew decays everything in its proximity and may even worsen the health of a homeowner with breathing problems or allergies. It also makes a great habitat for harmful termites to prosper in. Worst of all, it may weaken the foundation of your property. If the problem is not quickly taken care of, there could be erosion and cracking from below. For these reasons, it is strongly advised to try and recognize basement problems of this nature before they intensify.
Please call us at 314-428-2324 for more information or to schedule an appointment.