Basement Seepage Repair - Saint Louis 63122
It is important to spot basement problems with water seepage at your home at an early stage. Moist basements really are a widespread occurrence, and often neglected, or go unnoticed early on.
Here are some ways to recognize basement issues with water seepage, before it reaches an advanced stage:
1. Clear out all the things you've got kept in the basement away from the walls and corners. Switch on your flashlight, concentrating on the corners. You will be able to sport dark-looking areas- this is mildew and mold, which is a sign of water.
2. Along the bottom of the wall, you might see what seems like ice crystals. This can be efflorescence, meaning that water in the bottom blocks is making the alkaline materials of the wall seep out.
3. Discoloration at the top of the walls implies that the water is rising inside the wall, or that something is directing it to that level.
4. Mold is another giveaway. It may be black, dark brown, green or yellowish, and is usually spotted in the northwest corner.
5. The surface of the wall could be flaking or peeling. This can be another indicator of dampness in the concrete, stone, or brick.
A wet basement problem is a lot more than an annoyance and can be permanently destructive. Mildew decays everything in its vicinity and might even worsen the health of a homeowner with breathing problems or allergies. It also makes a great habitat for termites to thrive in. Worst of all, it could weaken the foundation of your house. If the problem is not immediately handled, there may be erosion and cracking from beneath. For these reasons, it is strongly suggested to try and identify basement problems of this nature before they aggravate.
Please contact us at 314-428-2324 for more info or to schedule an appointment.