Basement Seepage Repair - Saint Louis 63123
It is very important to recognize basement issues with water seepage at your house at an early stage. Damp basements are a common occurrence, and often overlooked, or go unnoticed in early stages.
Here are some ways to discover basement issues with water seepage, before it gets to an advanced stage:
1. Clear out everything you've got stored in the basement away from the walls and corners. Turn on your flashlight, focusing on the corners. You will be able to sport dark-looking areas- this really is mildew and mold, which is a sign of water.
2. Along the bottom of the walls, you might see what seems like ice crystals. This is efflorescence, which means that water in the bottom blocks is making the alkaline materials of the wall seep out.
3. Staining near the top of the walls signifies that the water is rising within the wall, or that something is directing it to that particular level.
4. Mold is another giveaway. It could be black, brown, green or yellowish, and is usually seen in the northwest corner.
5. The surface of the wall might be flaking or cracking. This is another indicator of water within the concrete, stone, or brick.
A wet basement problem is more than an annoyance and can be permanently destructive. Mildew decays everything in its vicinity and may even worsen the health of a homeowner with breathing problems or allergies. It also makes a good habitat for termites to flourish in. Worst of all, it could weaken the foundation of your home. If the problem is not quickly taken care of, there may be erosion and cracking from beneath. For these reasons, it is strongly advised to try and identify basement problems of this nature before they aggravate.
Please contact us at 314-428-2324 for more details or to make an appointment.