Basement Seepage Repair - 63123
It is very important to identify basement problems with water seepage at your home at an early stage. Damp basements really are a common occurrence, and often disregarded, or go unnoticed early on.
Here are some ways to recognize basement issues with water seepage, before it reaches an advanced stage:
1. Clean out all the things you have kept in the basement away from the walls and corners. Turn on your flashlight, concentrating on the corners. You will be able to sport dark-looking areas- this is mildew, which is a sign of moisture.
2. Across the bottom of the walls, you could see what seems like ice crystals. This can be efflorescence, meaning that water in the bottom blocks is making the alkaline materials of the wall seep out.
3. Staining towards the top of the wall means that the water is rising inside the wall, or that something is directing it to that particular level.
4. Mold is yet another giveaway. It might be black, brown, green or yellowish, and is usually noticed in the northwest corner.
5. The surface of the wall structure might be flaking or cracking. This can be another indicator of dampness inside the concrete, stone, or brick.
A wet basement problem is more than an annoyance and can be permanently destructive. Mildew decays everything in its vicinity and may even worsen the health of a resident with breathing problems or allergies. It also makes a great habitat for harmful termites to flourish in. Worst of all, it may weaken the foundation of your house. If the issue is not promptly taken care of, there may be erosion and cracking from beneath. For these reasons, it is strongly advised to try and identify basement problems of this nature before they worsen.
Please contact us at 314-428-2324 for more details or to make an appointment.