Basement Seepage Repair - Saint Louis, MO 63123
It is very important to spot basement issues with water seepage in your own home at an early stage. Damp basements are a common occurrence, and often ignored, or go unnoticed in early stages.
Here are some ways to discover basement problems with water seepage, before it gets to an advanced stage:
1. Clean out all the things you've got stored in the basement away from the walls and corners. Switch on your flashlight, concentrating on the corners. You'll be able to sport dark-looking areas- this really is mildew, which is a sign of water.
2. Along the bottom of the walls, you could see what seems like ice crystals. This can be efflorescence, meaning that water in the bottom blocks is making the alkaline materials of the walls seep out.
3. Discoloration towards the top of the wall implies that the water is rising within the wall, or that something is directing it to that level.
4. Mold is yet another giveaway. It might be black, dark brown, green or yellow, and it is usually noticed in the northwest corner.
5. The surface of the wall structure could be flaking or cracking. This can be another indicator of water in the concrete, stone, or brick.
A damp basement problem is a lot more than an aggravation and can be permanently destructive. Mold decays everything in its proximity and may even worsen the health of a resident with breathing problems or allergy symptoms. It also makes a great habitat for termites to flourish in. Worst of all, it could weaken the foundation of your property. If the issue is not immediately dealt with, there might be erosion and cracking from below. For these reasons, it is strongly suggested to try and identify basement problems of this nature before they worsen.
Please contact us at 314-428-2324 for more details or to make an appointment.