Basement Water Seepage - 63158
It is crucial to recognize basement problems with water seepage in your house at an early stage. Wet basements really are a widespread occurrence, and often forgotten, or go unnoticed in early stages.
Here are some ways to discover basement problems with water seepage, before it reaches an advanced stage:
1. Clear out all the things you've got stored in the basement away from the walls and corners. Turn on your flashlight, focusing on the corners. You will be able to sport dark-looking areas- this really is mildew and mold, which is a sign of water.
2. Along the bottom of the walls, you could see what seems like ice crystals. This is efflorescence, meaning that water in the bottom blocks is making the alkaline materials of the wall seep out.
3. Staining near the top of the walls signifies that the water is rising within the wall, or that something is directing it to that level.
4. Mold is yet another giveaway. It might be black, brown, green or yellow, and is usually spotted in the northwest corner.
5. The surface of the wall may be flaking or peeling. This is another indication of water in the concrete, stone, or brick.
A wet basement problem is a lot more than an aggravation and can be permanently destructive. Mildew decays everything in its vicinity and might even worsen the health of a homeowner with breathing problems or allergies. It also makes a good habitat for termites to flourish in. Worst of all, it can weaken the foundation of your home. If the problem is not immediately dealt with, there might be erosion and cracking from underneath. For these reasons, it is strongly advised to try and recognize basement problems of this nature before they intensify.
Please contact us at 314-428-2324 for more details or to make an appointment.