Basement Seepage Repair - Saint Louis, MO 63158
It is very important to identify basement problems with water seepage in your own home at an early stage. Damp basements really are a widespread occurrence, and often forgotten, or go unnoticed in the beginning.
Here are a few ways to recognize basement issues with water seepage, before it gets to an advanced stage:
1. Clean out everything you've got stored in the basement away from the wall surfaces and corners. Turn on your flashlight, concentrating on the corners. You will be able to sport dark-looking areas- this really is mildew, which is a sign of moisture.
2. Along the bottom of the wall, you might see what seems like ice crystals. This is efflorescence, which means that water in the bottom blocks is making the alkaline materials of the walls seep out.
3. Discoloration near the top of the wall signifies that the water is rising within the wall, or that something is directing it to that level.
4. Mold is yet another giveaway. It might be black, brown, green or yellowish, and it is usually noticed in the northwest corner.
5. The surface of the wall could be flaking or cracking. This can be another sign of water within the concrete, stone, or brick.
A wet basement problem is a lot more than an aggravation and can be permanently damaging. Mold decays everything in its vicinity and might even worsen the health of a resident with breathing problems or allergies. It also makes a good habitat for harmful termites to thrive in. Worst of all, it could weaken the foundation of your house. If the problem is not quickly dealt with, there could be erosion and cracking from below. For these reasons, it is strongly suggested to try and discover basement problems of this nature before they intensify.
Please contact us at 314-428-2324 for more info or to schedule an appointment.