Basement Water Seepage - Saint Louis, MO 63160
It is important to recognize basement issues with water seepage at your home at an early stage. Moist basements really are a widespread occurrence, and often disregarded, or go unnoticed early on.
Here are some ways to identify basement issues with water seepage, before it gets to an advanced stage:
1. Clear out all the things you've got kept in the basement away from the wall surfaces and corners. Switch on your flashlight, concentrating on the corners. You will be able to sport dark-looking areas- this really is mildew, which is a sign of moisture.
2. Across the bottom of the wall, you may see what seems like ice crystals. This can be efflorescence, meaning that water in the bottom blocks is making the alkaline materials of the walls seep out.
3. Staining towards the top of the wall implies that the water is rising within the wall, or that something is directing it to that particular level.
4. Mold is another giveaway. It may be black, brown, green or yellow, and is usually noticed in the northwest corner.
5. The surface of the wall might be flaking or cracking. This is another indication of water in the concrete, stone, or brick.
A wet basement problem is a lot more than an annoyance and can be permanently damaging. Mold decays everything in its vicinity and might even worsen the health of a resident with breathing problems or allergy symptoms. It also makes a great habitat for harmful termites to thrive in. Worst of all, it could weaken the foundation of your house. If the problem is not quickly dealt with, there may be erosion and cracking from underneath. For these reasons, it is highly recommended to try and identify basement problems of this nature before they aggravate.
Please call us at 314-428-2324 for more details or to make an appointment.