Basement Seepage Repair - 63160
It is vital to spot basement issues with water seepage at your home at an early stage. Wet basements are a widespread occurrence, and often overlooked, or go unnoticed early on.
Here are some ways to identify basement problems with water seepage, before it reaches an advanced stage:
1. Clear out all the things you've got stored in the basement away from the wall surfaces and corners. Switch on your flashlight, concentrating on the corners. You will be able to sport dark-looking areas- this is mildew and mold, which is a sign of moisture.
2. Across the bottom of the walls, you may see what seems like ice crystals. This can be efflorescence, meaning that water in the bottom blocks is making the alkaline materials of the wall seep out.
3. Staining near the top of the walls means that the water is rising within the wall, or that something is directing it to that particular level.
4. Mold is another giveaway. It could be black, dark brown, green or yellowish, and it is usually seen in the northwest corner.
5. The surface of the wall structure might be flaking or peeling. This is another indicator of dampness inside the concrete, stone, or brick.
A damp basement problem is more than an aggravation and can be permanently destructive. Mold decays everything in its vicinity and may even worsen the health of a resident with breathing problems or allergy symptoms. It also makes a good habitat for harmful termites to thrive in. Worst of all, it can weaken the foundation of your property. If the issue is not quickly taken care of, there could be erosion and cracking from underneath. For these reasons, it is strongly advised to try and recognize basement problems of this nature before they aggravate.
Please call us at 314-428-2324 for more info or to make an appointment.