Basement Seepage Repair - Saint Louis 63160
It is important to spot basement issues with water seepage at your house at an early stage. Moist basements really are a common occurrence, and often overlooked, or go unnoticed in the beginning.
Here are a few ways to identify basement problems with water seepage, before it reaches an advanced stage:
1. Clear out everything you've got kept in the basement away from the walls and corners. Turn on your flashlight, concentrating on the corners. You will be able to sport dark-looking areas- this really is mildew and mold, which is a sign of moisture.
2. Along the bottom of the wall, you could see what seems like ice crystals. This can be efflorescence, meaning that water in the bottom blocks is making the alkaline materials of the walls seep out.
3. Discoloration near the top of the wall signifies that the water is rising inside the wall, or that something is directing it to that level.
4. Mold is another giveaway. It could be black, brown, green or yellow, and is usually spotted in the northwest corner.
5. The surface of the wall structure could be flaking or cracking. This is another sign of water within the concrete, stone, or brick.
A damp basement problem is more than an aggravation and can be permanently destructive. Mildew decays everything in its vicinity and may even worsen the health of a resident with breathing problems or allergy symptoms. It also makes a great habitat for termites to thrive in. Worst of all, it can weaken the foundation of your home. If the issue is not promptly handled, there might be erosion and cracking from beneath. For these reasons, it is strongly advised to try and discover basement problems of this nature before they intensify.
Please call us at 314-428-2324 for more details or to make an appointment.