Basement Seepage Repair - Saint Louis, Missouri 63160
It is very important to identify basement problems with water seepage in your own home at an early stage. Moist basements really are a common occurrence, and often disregarded, or go unnoticed in the beginning.
Here are some ways to discover basement issues with water seepage, before it gets to an advanced stage:
1. Clear out all the things you've got kept in the basement away from the walls and corners. Switch on your flashlight, concentrating on the corners. You will be able to sport dark-looking areas- this is mildew, which is a sign of water.
2. Across the bottom of the walls, you may see what seems like ice crystals. This can be efflorescence, meaning that water in the bottom blocks is making the alkaline materials of the wall seep out.
3. Discoloration towards the top of the wall implies that the water is rising within the wall, or that something is directing it to that particular level.
4. Mold is another giveaway. It may be black, brown, green or yellowish, and is usually spotted in the northwest corner.
5. The surface of the wall structure may be flaking or peeling. This is another indication of water inside the concrete, stone, or brick.
A wet basement problem is a lot more than an annoyance and can be permanently destructive. Mold decays everything in its vicinity and can even worsen the health of a homeowner with breathing problems or allergy symptoms. It also makes a good habitat for harmful termites to prosper in. Worst of all, it may weaken the foundation of your home. If the problem is not promptly dealt with, there could be erosion and cracking from below. For these reasons, it is highly recommended to try and discover basement problems of this nature before they intensify.
Please call us at 314-428-2324 for more information or to schedule an appointment.