Basement Seepage Repair - Saint Louis 63167
It is very important to spot basement problems with water seepage at your house at an early stage. Wet basements are a widespread occurrence, and often forgotten, or go unnoticed in the beginning.
Here are some ways to discover basement problems with water seepage, before it gets to an advanced stage:
1. Clear out all the things you have kept in the basement away from the walls and corners. Switch on your flashlight, focusing on the corners. You'll be able to sport dark-looking areas- this really is mildew, which is a sign of water.
2. Along the bottom of the wall, you could possibly see what seems like ice crystals. This can be efflorescence, meaning that water in the bottom blocks is making the alkaline materials of the walls seep out.
3. Discoloration towards the top of the walls signifies that the water is rising inside the wall, or that something is directing it to that level.
4. Mold is yet another giveaway. It could be black, brown, green or yellowish, and is usually spotted in the northwest corner.
5. The surface of the wall structure might be flaking or peeling. This is another sign of dampness inside the concrete, stone, or brick.
A wet basement problem is a lot more than an aggravation and can be permanently destructive. Mold decays everything in its vicinity and might even worsen the health of a homeowner with breathing problems or allergies. It also makes a great habitat for harmful termites to thrive in. Worst of all, it may weaken the foundation of your home. If the issue is not immediately dealt with, there may be erosion and cracking from underneath. For these reasons, it is strongly suggested to try and recognize basement problems of this nature before they worsen.
Please call us at 314-428-2324 for more details or to make an appointment.