Basement Seepage Repair - Saint Louis, Missouri 63167
It is vital to identify basement problems with water seepage in your house at an early stage. Moist basements really are a common occurrence, and often ignored, or go unnoticed in early stages.
Here are a few ways to recognize basement issues with water seepage, before it reaches an advanced stage:
1. Clear out all the things you have kept in the basement away from the wall surfaces and corners. Turn on your flashlight, focusing on the corners. You'll be able to sport dark-looking areas- this really is mildew, which is a sign of moisture.
2. Along the bottom of the wall, you could see what seems like ice crystals. This is efflorescence, meaning that water in the bottom blocks is making the alkaline materials of the wall seep out.
3. Discoloration at the top of the wall implies that the water is rising within the wall, or that something is directing it to that particular level.
4. Mold is yet another giveaway. It could be black, brown, green or yellow, and it is usually seen in the northwest corner.
5. The surface of the wall might be flaking or peeling. This can be another sign of water inside the concrete, stone, or brick.
A damp basement problem is a lot more than an annoyance and can be permanently damaging. Mold decays everything in its vicinity and can even worsen the health of a resident with breathing problems or allergies. It also makes a great habitat for harmful termites to prosper in. Worst of all, it can weaken the foundation of your home. If the problem is not quickly taken care of, there may be erosion and cracking from below. For these reasons, it is strongly suggested to try and identify basement problems of this nature before they intensify.
Please contact us at 314-428-2324 for more details or to schedule an appointment.