Basement Seepage Repair - 63167
It is crucial to identify basement problems with water seepage at your house at an early stage. Wet basements are a widespread occurrence, and often overlooked, or go unnoticed early on.
Here are a few ways to recognize basement problems with water seepage, before it reaches an advanced stage:
1. Clean out all the things you've got stored in the basement away from the walls and corners. Turn on your flashlight, focusing on the corners. You'll be able to sport dark-looking areas- this really is mildew and mold, which is a sign of moisture.
2. Across the bottom of the wall, you might see what seems like ice crystals. This can be efflorescence, meaning that water in the bottom blocks is making the alkaline materials of the wall seep out.
3. Staining near the top of the walls signifies that the water is rising inside the wall, or that something is directing it to that level.
4. Mold is yet another giveaway. It could be black, brown, green or yellow, and is usually seen in the northwest corner.
5. The surface of the wall structure may be flaking or cracking. This is another sign of dampness inside the concrete, stone, or brick.
A damp basement problem is a lot more than an annoyance and can be permanently destructive. Mildew decays everything in its vicinity and can even worsen the health of a homeowner with breathing problems or allergies. It also makes a good habitat for termites to flourish in. Worst of all, it can weaken the foundation of your property. If the problem is not immediately dealt with, there might be erosion and cracking from below. For these reasons, it is highly recommended to try and discover basement problems of this nature before they aggravate.
Please call us at 314-428-2324 for more info or to schedule an appointment.