Basement Seepage Repair - Saint Louis 63179
It is vital to spot basement problems with water seepage at your home at an early stage. Wet basements really are a common occurrence, and often disregarded, or go unnoticed in the beginning.
Here are a few ways to discover basement problems with water seepage, before it gets to an advanced stage:
1. Clear out all the things you have stored in the basement away from the wall surfaces and corners. Turn on your flashlight, focusing on the corners. You'll be able to sport dark-looking areas- this is mildew, which is a sign of moisture.
2. Across the bottom of the wall, you could see what seems like ice crystals. This can be efflorescence, which means that water in the bottom blocks is making the alkaline materials of the wall seep out.
3. Staining near the top of the wall signifies that the water is rising within the wall, or that something is directing it to that particular level.
4. Mold is yet another giveaway. It could be black, brown, green or yellow, and is usually spotted in the northwest corner.
5. The surface of the wall structure might be flaking or peeling. This is another indicator of water within the concrete, stone, or brick.
A wet basement problem is a lot more than an aggravation and can be permanently damaging. Mold decays everything in its vicinity and might even worsen the health of a resident with breathing problems or allergies. It also makes a good habitat for termites to flourish in. Worst of all, it may weaken the foundation of your home. If the issue is not immediately dealt with, there might be erosion and cracking from underneath. For these reasons, it is highly recommended to try and discover basement problems of this nature before they worsen.
Please call us at 314-428-2324 for more details or to make an appointment.