Basement Water Seepage - Saint Louis 63179
It is crucial to identify basement issues with water seepage at your house at an early stage. Damp basements really are a widespread occurrence, and often disregarded, or go unnoticed in early stages.
Here are a few ways to recognize basement issues with water seepage, before it gets to an advanced stage:
1. Clear out all the things you've got stored in the basement away from the wall surfaces and corners. Turn on your flashlight, concentrating on the corners. You will be able to sport dark-looking areas- this really is mildew, which is a sign of water.
2. Across the bottom of the walls, you may see what seems like ice crystals. This can be efflorescence, meaning that water in the bottom blocks is making the alkaline materials of the walls seep out.
3. Discoloration at the top of the walls signifies that the water is rising within the wall, or that something is directing it to that particular level.
4. Mold is another giveaway. It could be black, brown, green or yellowish, and it is usually seen in the northwest corner.
5. The surface of the wall may be flaking or peeling. This can be another sign of dampness within the concrete, stone, or brick.
A damp basement problem is more than an aggravation and can be permanently damaging. Mildew decays everything in its proximity and might even worsen the health of a homeowner with breathing problems or allergy symptoms. It also makes a great habitat for harmful termites to thrive in. Worst of all, it could weaken the foundation of your home. If the problem is not promptly taken care of, there could be erosion and cracking from below. For these reasons, it is strongly suggested to try and recognize basement problems of this nature before they intensify.
Please contact us at 314-428-2324 for more information or to make an appointment.