Basement Seepage Repair - 63182
It is important to spot basement problems with water seepage in your own home at an early stage. Damp basements really are a widespread occurrence, and often disregarded, or go unnoticed in the beginning.
Here are a few ways to recognize basement problems with water seepage, before it gets to an advanced stage:
1. Clear out all the things you've got kept in the basement away from the wall surfaces and corners. Switch on your flashlight, concentrating on the corners. You'll be able to sport dark-looking areas- this really is mildew, which is a sign of moisture.
2. Across the bottom of the wall, you might see what seems like ice crystals. This is efflorescence, meaning that water in the bottom blocks is making the alkaline materials of the wall seep out.
3. Staining towards the top of the wall implies that the water is rising within the wall, or that something is directing it to that particular level.
4. Mold is another giveaway. It might be black, brown, green or yellow, and it is usually noticed in the northwest corner.
5. The surface of the wall could be flaking or cracking. This can be another sign of water within the concrete, stone, or brick.
A wet basement problem is more than an annoyance and can be permanently damaging. Mold decays everything in its proximity and can even worsen the health of a resident with breathing problems or allergy symptoms. It also makes a great habitat for termites to thrive in. Worst of all, it could weaken the foundation of your house. If the issue is not immediately handled, there may be erosion and cracking from underneath. For these reasons, it is strongly suggested to try and identify basement problems of this nature before they intensify.
Please contact us at 314-428-2324 for more details or to make an appointment.