Basement Seepage Repair - 63182
It is vital to recognize basement problems with water seepage at your house at an early stage. Damp basements really are a widespread occurrence, and often disregarded, or go unnoticed early on.
Here are some ways to recognize basement issues with water seepage, before it reaches an advanced stage:
1. Clean out all the things you've got kept in the basement away from the walls and corners. Turn on your flashlight, concentrating on the corners. You will be able to sport dark-looking areas- this is mildew and mold, which is a sign of water.
2. Along the bottom of the wall, you might see what seems like ice crystals. This is efflorescence, meaning that water in the bottom blocks is making the alkaline materials of the wall seep out.
3. Discoloration at the top of the walls signifies that the water is rising within the wall, or that something is directing it to that level.
4. Mold is another giveaway. It might be black, dark brown, green or yellowish, and it is usually spotted in the northwest corner.
5. The surface of the wall might be flaking or cracking. This is another indication of dampness within the concrete, stone, or brick.
A damp basement problem is more than an aggravation and can be permanently destructive. Mildew decays everything in its proximity and may even worsen the health of a resident with breathing problems or allergy symptoms. It also makes a good habitat for termites to prosper in. Worst of all, it may weaken the foundation of your home. If the issue is not immediately taken care of, there may be erosion and cracking from beneath. For these reasons, it is strongly advised to try and discover basement problems of this nature before they aggravate.
Please call us at 314-428-2324 for more details or to make an appointment.