Basement Seepage Repair - Sherman, MO 63021
It is very important to identify basement problems with water seepage in your own home at an early stage. Wet basements really are a common occurrence, and often overlooked, or go unnoticed early on.
Here are a few ways to recognize basement problems with water seepage, before it reaches an advanced stage:
1. Clear out everything you've got kept in the basement away from the walls and corners. Switch on your flashlight, concentrating on the corners. You'll be able to sport dark-looking areas- this is mildew, which is a sign of moisture.
2. Across the bottom of the walls, you might see what seems like ice crystals. This can be efflorescence, meaning that water in the bottom blocks is making the alkaline materials of the wall seep out.
3. Discoloration towards the top of the wall implies that the water is rising within the wall, or that something is directing it to that level.
4. Mold is another giveaway. It could be black, brown, green or yellow, and is usually seen in the northwest corner.
5. The surface of the wall structure may be flaking or cracking. This is another indication of dampness within the concrete, stone, or brick.
A damp basement problem is more than an annoyance and can be permanently destructive. Mildew decays everything in its vicinity and can even worsen the health of a resident with breathing problems or allergy symptoms. It also makes a good habitat for termites to prosper in. Worst of all, it may weaken the foundation of your house. If the problem is not promptly dealt with, there might be erosion and cracking from below. For these reasons, it is highly recommended to try and discover basement problems of this nature before they worsen.
Please call us at 314-428-2324 for more info or to make an appointment.