Basement Seepage Repair - Sherman 63021
It is vital to recognize basement problems with water seepage at your home at an early stage. Moist basements are a widespread occurrence, and often forgotten, or go unnoticed in early stages.
Here are some ways to recognize basement problems with water seepage, before it gets to an advanced stage:
1. Clean out all the things you have stored in the basement away from the walls and corners. Turn on your flashlight, concentrating on the corners. You'll be able to sport dark-looking areas- this is mildew, which is a sign of water.
2. Across the bottom of the walls, you could see what seems like ice crystals. This can be efflorescence, which means that water in the bottom blocks is making the alkaline materials of the walls seep out.
3. Discoloration towards the top of the wall implies that the water is rising inside the wall, or that something is directing it to that particular level.
4. Mold is another giveaway. It may be black, dark brown, green or yellowish, and it is usually spotted in the northwest corner.
5. The surface of the wall may be flaking or cracking. This is another sign of dampness in the concrete, stone, or brick.
A wet basement problem is more than an aggravation and can be permanently destructive. Mildew decays everything in its vicinity and can even worsen the health of a resident with breathing problems or allergies. It also makes a great habitat for termites to prosper in. Worst of all, it could weaken the foundation of your property. If the problem is not quickly dealt with, there might be erosion and cracking from beneath. For these reasons, it is strongly advised to try and identify basement problems of this nature before they aggravate.
Please call us at 314-428-2324 for more information or to make an appointment.