Basement Water Seepage - 63021
It is crucial to identify basement issues with water seepage in your house at an early stage. Moist basements really are a widespread occurrence, and often neglected, or go unnoticed early on.
Here are some ways to recognize basement issues with water seepage, before it reaches an advanced stage:
1. Clear out all the things you have stored in the basement away from the wall surfaces and corners. Switch on your flashlight, concentrating on the corners. You will be able to sport dark-looking areas- this is mildew and mold, which is a sign of water.
2. Across the bottom of the wall, you could see what seems like ice crystals. This is efflorescence, meaning that water in the bottom blocks is making the alkaline materials of the wall seep out.
3. Discoloration at the top of the wall means that the water is rising inside the wall, or that something is directing it to that particular level.
4. Mold is yet another giveaway. It might be black, brown, green or yellowish, and is usually seen in the northwest corner.
5. The surface of the wall structure could be flaking or cracking. This can be another indication of dampness in the concrete, stone, or brick.
A wet basement problem is a lot more than an annoyance and can be permanently destructive. Mold decays everything in its vicinity and can even worsen the health of a homeowner with breathing problems or allergy symptoms. It also makes a great habitat for harmful termites to flourish in. Worst of all, it can weaken the foundation of your property. If the issue is not immediately dealt with, there might be erosion and cracking from below. For these reasons, it is strongly suggested to try and discover basement problems of this nature before they aggravate.
Please contact us at 314-428-2324 for more details or to schedule an appointment.