Basement Water Seepage - Sherman, Missouri 63021
It is very important to spot basement issues with water seepage at your house at an early stage. Damp basements are a widespread occurrence, and often neglected, or go unnoticed early on.
Here are a few ways to identify basement problems with water seepage, before it gets to an advanced stage:
1. Clean out all the things you've got kept in the basement away from the wall surfaces and corners. Turn on your flashlight, focusing on the corners. You will be able to sport dark-looking areas- this really is mildew and mold, which is a sign of water.
2. Along the bottom of the wall, you could possibly see what seems like ice crystals. This can be efflorescence, which means that water in the bottom blocks is making the alkaline materials of the wall seep out.
3. Staining near the top of the wall signifies that the water is rising inside the wall, or that something is directing it to that level.
4. Mold is yet another giveaway. It may be black, dark brown, green or yellowish, and is usually spotted in the northwest corner.
5. The surface of the wall structure could be flaking or peeling. This can be another indicator of water in the concrete, stone, or brick.
A wet basement problem is a lot more than an annoyance and can be permanently destructive. Mildew decays everything in its proximity and may even worsen the health of a homeowner with breathing problems or allergy symptoms. It also makes a good habitat for harmful termites to thrive in. Worst of all, it may weaken the foundation of your property. If the problem is not immediately dealt with, there might be erosion and cracking from underneath. For these reasons, it is strongly advised to try and recognize basement problems of this nature before they intensify.
Please contact us at 314-428-2324 for more details or to schedule an appointment.